Jervis Bay

brettmann86

Hey raiders I know alot of guys on here are pretty regular at the tubes and well I need some info on the shark fishing down there. Is it as hot as people say or not? I knownits not an easy hike but ive done worse so any info muchly appreciated putting together a land based sharking DVD and after talking with the guy backing it apparently you can't have a DVD without the tubes in it lol

hi brett

while i have never fished the tubes i have gamefished jb a lot and there is definatly sharks in the bay.id be waiting for summer for your best chance when the sharks are on the banks or other near by reefs.if this season is anything like last season there will be thousands of whalers on the banks and with all that action close by there is bound to be some sharks around the rocks.the majority of the sharks last season werent big ranging bettween 20-90kg but there were a couple of larger fish mixed in.

unfortunatly i have never lbg fished (but i wouldnt mind trying) so i cant realy give you any tips.we got our whalers last year while fishing for blacks using mono and circles.any way good luck with your dvd and battleing the the crowds at the tubes

cheers matt

Hey raiders I know alot of guys on here are pretty regular at the tubes and well I need some info on the shark fishing down there. Is it as hot as people say or not? I knownits not an easy hike but ive done worse so any info muchly appreciated putting together a land based sharking DVD and after talking with the guy backing it apparently you can't have a DVD without the tubes in it lol

Mate they are there all year and there are some HUGE sharks at JB and you don't need to be at the Tubes, the front has them as well.

I'll give you a buzz tonight.