Sydney Harbour.

Guest Jocool

Guest Jocool

Not much to report today! :biggrin2:

Hit the Harbour at about 6, met up with Frank (Wetpatch) and then over to Balmoral to load up on livies. They came on thick and fast for me and my Dad, whereas Frank's brother seemed to be struggling! :1naughty: All the yakkas seemed to be a very small size. No decent ones amongst them. No squid to be had neither. :wacko:

Tried to get over to Quarantine, but it was like a washing machine, and I didn't want to risk a backhander from dad, so we motored around the back of Cannan point and drifted along there for a bit out of the stiff wind that was blowing. Livies got pecked to death by squid, and I managed to boat one.

Picked up a flounder on a squid strip, and a chunky Wrasse that I hooked at the NPWS wharf around there. Nearly had me pegged to the pylons but I managed to save face! :yahoo:

Numerous undersize pinkies and flathead. Same story over at the wedding cake. Couldn't even drop a line at Tripod it was so rough! :thumbdown:

Hope you guys did better!

:1fishing1::1fishing1: To start thanks for the pointers today Joe and Pete the screen finally got fixed by Australian screens at Seven hills did the job perfect like Joe said got thrown around like a washing machine I ended up with a nice jacket and flounder and the usual Sweep and pinkies and yes my brother dId struggle

Still waiting to catch my first legal KINGY :(

Hey Joe

I would like to say I am sorry to hear of your less than great trip today....but sorry mate, it was a good report for my ears! :biggrin2:

You see I was up at 5am this morn ready to hit the harbour (and maybe run into you) but I had one look outside at the questionable weather and went back to the girl in bed!

All day I wondered if you would come in with reports of the last of the summer kings being so hungry......

Now I degress, last week chatting to a guy I had been working with. He tells me he has a 52' sailer in middle harbour. You fish for kings? he asks..... well bout 4-5 weeks ago we were sitting just of the small beach past bantry bay mid week having lunch below, when something start hitting the hull every minute or so. We go up to find 20 odd kings had bailed up all this bait against the hull and were coming in so hard they would bounce of the boat! Not rats, but pushing 1m hell tells me. They all WATCH ('not really the fishin type mate') this go on for 10 mins or so before the bait gets away, and then all the kings just sort of floated around looking very pleased with there fill!

Now if you came back with a report like that Joe.... :1badmood:

Not to be detered, I will be up again tommorrow and I WILL be going out!

alex

Guest Jocool
so tough that it looks like you've got your dates mixed up. (It's the 7th  :1prop: )

46547[/snapback]

OOPPS!!!! :wacko:

Guest Jocool
Not to be detered, I will be up again tommorrow and I WILL be going out!

alex

46546[/snapback]

Mate...I understand about you liking my report! Good luck tomorrow mate! :thumbup: