Illawarra/minamurra

smallscott69

Hey guys! I just bought a 3.6m Zodiac inflatable with a 15hp motor, I live in Wollongong and need some advice on fishing spots around the illawarra area. I've heard Minamurra River is good but if anyone knows any good spots could they please share them with me. I'm using light tackle, 2-4kg rod with 6lb braid and 6lb FC leader so not really going for huge fish. Cheers :biggrin2:

gday mate i fish wingdan afair abit and where pass the bridge is goos drifting for fatty just in front of the bowling club on the left or go a bit more out to the baysin its self and drift up and down the main chaneland the rite and side and u should run into fatty and bream also very good whiting aswell go luck

Hey guys! I just bought a 3.6m Zodiac inflatable with a 15hp motor, I live in Wollongong and need some advice on fishing spots around the illawarra area. I've heard Minamurra River is good but if anyone knows any good spots could they please share them with me. I'm using light tackle, 2-4kg rod with 6lb braid and 6lb FC leader so not really going for huge fish. Cheers :biggrin2:

Hey Mate

Yes Minnamurra is not to bad I've found fishing it on the run out is best at this time of year just go up river and work along the mangroves.As for LIW the flatties are starting to come on around Bevan Island on SPs and also a few bream if your not fishing to big.

I'll keep an eye out for you as i fish both areas frequently.

Cheers Paul