Lbg Tackle

johnk

I have just been given by a mate of mine, who doesn't fish at all, his deceased father's Shimano Tekota 700 and Angler Rod "Assassin" 10-15kg LBG rod - the rod is 7'. I have never seen this brand of rod before and was wondering if this outfit would be suitable for LBG around Sydney and the Central Coast during the coming months for large fish - kings, tuna sharks etc. I have done plenty of LBG around Newcastle from the breakwalls and up at Port Stephens as well as Hat Head but have never come across this brand. It looks and feels very sturdy and the weight of both rod and reel seem to match but given the stiffness of the rod I doubt you would cast with it at all.

Would appreciate peoples feed back as the rod and reel look in perfect condition but don't want to be on the stones with gear failure - been there done that.

Many thanks

Ive never uised the rods but heard the blanks are good but components could be better.

However the reel looks more suited to boat fishing than LBG. the line laying system on that reel runs the chance of getting jammed if it gets a knock or bumb and LBG usually does that.

Anyway thats my 2 cents, You'll still get fish with it, just watch the line layer.

Ive never uised the rods but heard the blanks are good but components could be better.

However the reel looks more suited to boat fishing than LBG. the line laying system on that reel runs the chance of getting jammed if it gets a knock or bumb and LBG usually does that.

Anyway thats my 2 cents, You'll still get fish with it, just watch the line layer.

Appreciate the information - as it was given to me will give it a go but my research shows so far that something like the Shimano LTD30 or 50 would be the best reel with a live fibre 15-24kg stick - pricey but maybe worth the investment

Cheers

Appreciate the information - as it was given to me will give it a go but my research shows so far that something like the Shimano LTD30 or 50 would be the best reel with a live fibre 15-24kg stick - pricey but maybe worth the investment

Cheers

I have the exact outfit you have mentioned. Beautiful combo. Although I only use a TLD25. Havent hooked up or caught anything yet but lets keep our fingers crossed. I can feel something big coming very soon. For LBG I would personally recommend a rod that is longer then your current 7'. However, in saying that your 7' rod that was given to you would make a great game rod for boat.