4 Stroke Ethanol Based Fuel

puffett

have 4 stroke motor Yamaha 98 model and accidently put the ethanol based unleaded fuel in it. Dont know if this was cause but motor played up all day, especially @ idle it would constantly cut out and hard to restart, and at low idle speed it would constantly miss. Wonder if this was caused by not enough oil in the fuel. Has anyone else had this problem with wrong fuel and do I need to get the fuel out. ps Didn't have this prob last week when nomal unleaded fuel in. Ps went out fishing around pulbah yesty but got tired trying to restart and keep motor going so fising was called off. :ranting2: MOved to bonnells bay 2 weeks ago so any help by you raiders out there would be appreciated. :thumbup:

I don't think it should effect it taht much. I did it once. I was told by a marine mechanic that it will take several tanks for you to see problems. It's more about the rubber hoses/seals deteriorating from the ethanol that will cause problems.

Not due to ethanol, but I had pieces of my fuel line blocking my fuel pump. My hose was 10yrs old anyway, was time for a new one!