Pb Bream In The Georges

mazin1978

Hi Raiders

The Day Before...

Me and the brother were looking forward to our first boating trip up the Georges with my father in-law and one of his mates who was supply the boat.

After hearing all their stories about them hitting up The Entrance for a good bag of fish, and my father in-laws run ins with some Jewies, well we were in a optimistic frame of mind that the day would turn out great.

Later that day...

Had a call from the in-law advising that the boat wouldn't be available due to his mates prior commitments. That put a downer on proceedings, however we knew that Sat would be a great day to be near the water so decided to fish land based at P.Point

Today...

After a talk with the in-law about when to go down (he really loves early morning fishing), decided the best bet would be to show up at about 11.30am as the tide was gonna peak at 3.30.

Armed with only prawns and Parmesan chicken breast, we made our way down to the water.

Set the chairs up, and i rigged up my rod with 8lb line and a nice prawn, put it in the holder and sat back. The brother and in-law were still rigging up, when i noticed my line getting a few hits.

Next thing i know, my rod tip bends over by half and I'm ON, ZZZZZZZZZZZZ the fish is taking line however no major head shakes. Started to bring line in slowly and the fish kept fighting. Me and the brother weren't sure what it was. Thinking it might be a Trev as I've caught one there before.

After about a 7 min fight we see a large silver shadow in the water, WTF damn its a Bream and what a specimen it was. Brought the fish in, however had another problem as we had no net and we were near the rock path plus we could see the hook was right on the edge of its mouth.

Built up some courage, got down to the water and the brother got it on land. YES high fives all around

Measured the bream up, knowing it was big, it went 41-42cm

Fish for a few more hours, and my brother was on. This Bream went 28cm and the most interesting thing about it was that it seems as though another much larger fish decided to take a chunk out of it. Not sure what could have done that, maybe a monster tailor.

Anyways left at about 4. A great day on the water and a new PB for me

Thanks for reading. Till next time

Maz

post-14469-001747700 1288422247_thumb.jpg

post-14469-041752200 1288422403_thumb.jpg

post-14469-021697500 1288422495_thumb.jpg

haha. btw was there a lot of people there at picnic point today? might go for a fish tomorrow if the weather isn't rainy

not at the beginning. it stated getting busier at about 2pm. There were alot of people on the rock cliffs but.

Sundays are fairly busy down there

Hi Raiders

The Day Before...

Me and the brother were looking forward to our first boating trip up the Georges with my father in-law and one of his mates who was supply the boat.

After hearing all their stories about them hitting up The Entrance for a good bag of fish, and my father in-laws run ins with some Jewies, well we were in a optimistic frame of mind that the day would turn out great.

Later that day...

Had a call from the in-law advising that the boat wouldn't be available due to his mates prior commitments. That put a downer on proceedings, however we knew that Sat would be a great day to be near the water so decided to fish land based at P.Point

Today...

After a talk with the in-law about when to go down (he really loves early morning fishing), decided the best bet would be to show up at about 11.30am as the tide was gonna peak at 3.30.

Armed with only prawns and Parmesan chicken breast, we made our way down to the water.

Set the chairs up, and i rigged up my rod with 8lb line and a nice prawn, put it in the holder and sat back. The brother and in-law were still rigging up, when i noticed my line getting a few hits.

Next thing i know, my rod tip bends over by half and I'm ON, ZZZZZZZZZZZZ the fish is taking line however no major head shakes. Started to bring line in slowly and the fish kept fighting. Me and the brother weren't sure what it was. Thinking it might be a Trev as I've caught one there before.

After about a 7 min fight we see a large silver shadow in the water, WTF damn its a Bream and what a specimen it was. Brought the fish in, however had another problem as we had no net and we were near the rock path plus we could see the hook was right on the edge of its mouth.

Built up some courage, got down to the water and the brother got it on land. YES high fives all around

Measured the bream up, knowing it was big, it went 41-42cm

Fish for a few more hours, and my brother was on. This Bream went 28cm and the most interesting thing about it was that it seems as though another much larger fish decided to take a chunk out of it. Not sure what could have done that, maybe a monster tailor.

Anyways left at about 4. A great day on the water and a new PB for me

Thanks for reading. Till next time

Maz

well done

Nice Bream there!!!! well done,

I was also down at picnic point the other day and there was jet skis allover the place I guess you just have to be there at the right time,

Great Fish Anyway,

Regards,

Nathan

Thanks mate, yea there were plenty of jet skiers and boats on Saturday, especially since it was a wonderful day. Its much quieter on weekdays though.