Botany Bay

Jacob Traynor

Gday raiders. Organised to meet the father down aat Hawkesbury boat ramp at about 7am. Woke up at 3.30am , couldnt sleep so i decided to head off early. Woke my 9 yr girl up ( mad fisho ) gave her some weeties and off we went. Boat launched rang the father and told him we went early so hurry up and meet us down here. Whilst waiting my daughter asked Dad can we fish here while we wait. Not to disappoint her i said sure. within in 5 min i looked up to see her rod bent in half and bang landed a brim 39 cms. Great effort , i was hoping this was a sign for the rest of the day. Dad turned up a little later and it was off to the deep blue bay , blue it was the water was suprising clear considering the rain over the past couple of days. Headed out tried various spots for another couple of flathead. Threw back a tonne of pinkys which my daughter had a great time playing with. i thought that there was nothing better than hooking up on a big fish , but its just as goood a feeling watching ur daughter plugging away trying to reel in a fish or two. It was a very pleasurable day on the water and a feed as well.

post-14923-068288300 1289099369_thumb.jpg

post-14923-048560100 1289099735_thumb.jpg