Botany Bay Comes To Life!

dhype

Hi again

After some great fishing yesterday I had to head out for a quick one this morning.

I had to be home by 9:30am to do some volunteer work (blowing up balloons for little kids!) so only had 2 or so hours on the water.... but i tell you what - those where two fantastic hours!

As i got towards the third runway on my way out from the ramp i could see birds all over the place... once i got to the runway there was a MASSIVE school of fish busting up the surface thumbup.gif.... got the plastic out and i was on to fish right way.. the school was made up of salmon, tailor and bonito and they were everywhere ( i have some video clips if anyone is interested).

I had the whole school to myself for a good 30 minutes before other boats joined in ... the fish were really fussy as they were chewing on tiny whitebait and it took some work for them to grab my plastics/metal slices.. dropped so many fish while trying to net them myself i loss count!

Caught a few dozen fish in that short period of time and threw all the salmon back into the drink (inedible!) and kept only few tailor and bonito for the family..

My mate pete called me to pick him up from brighton while i was fishing the school and i said he would have to wait! Many fish later .. I felt bad for pete waiting at the beach so i left the feeding school and went to pick him up.. went back to the 3rd runway but the fish were now gone...ranting2.gif

Headed over to the flats and on our way there we found a school of tailor again! Managed a few more tailor before we moved on to get some flatties and only pulled up 5 or 6 small fish. Come 9am and it was time for me to go home.. short trip but a very enjoyable one! Spent the rest of the day blowing up balloons for hundreds of little kids at a family fun day. thumbup.gif

What a fantastic weekend it has been - cya all on the water!

Cheers

Trung / DHYPE

post-10545-022372500 1289110244_thumb.jpg

Edited by dhype

Nice one mate, i could see all the fish going nuts from towra this morning!!!!

We were in yaks and decided not to go for the paddle accross the bay, we could see fish lunching out of the water and even dolphins getting in on the action. Good to here someone was getting stuck into them :thumbup:

Mick

Guest Scotty Lyons

Good stuff, I was at the wrong end of the Bay, but did okay but surface action is hard to beat.

Regards Scotty Lyons

Trung - you are on fire mate :thumbup: and what a great haul. I think I saw you fishing near me at Towra in the rain on Saturday morning, obviously today was a much nicer day......wish I had fished Sunday instead on Saturday.

Hey Basscatcher -

Yup - that was me and my mate on Saturday morning fishing in the pouring rain without any cover on the boat! It was just like having an cold outdoor shower!

You must have been in the boat with the electric motor ? Next time come over and say hi.

It was the perfect day today... sunny, warm, flat seas with fish jumping everywhere - what more can you ask for?

Cheers

Trung

Hey Basscatcher -

Yup - that was me and my mate on Saturday morning fishing in the pouring rain without any cover on the boat! It was just like having an cold outdoor shower!

You must have been in the boat with the electric motor ? Next time come over and say hi.

It was the perfect day today... sunny, warm, flat seas with fish jumping everywhere - what more can you ask for?

Cheers

Trung

Hi Trung - yep we were in the boat with the electric motor. Obviously the big lizards were close in on Saturday as we only caught a couple of 35cm trevs and lots of small reddies. If I see you out next time we will come over to say hi.