Luderick At Bermagui

fritz

Had a few days away at Bermagui last week . We had a boat and fished with SP's and lures with limited success . Did best off the wharf for ludes and thanks to advice from Roberta and coaching from Rick and Roosterman I managed to get my act together and caught quite a few . Some kids staying on a boat were fishing nearby with bait and an anchor sized sinker and then a float suitable for suspending a yakka under it finally got annoyed enough with their relative lack of success to ask us how to catch them . We sent them off to buy a small float then set them up with the rest of the rig and some weed . They managed to catch 3 and were very happy and it was fun for us to see them succeed too.

Had a few days away at Bermagui last week . We had a boat and fished with SP's and lures with limited success . Did best off the wharf for ludes and thanks to advice from Roberta and coaching from Rick and Roosterman I managed to get my act together and caught quite a few . Some kids staying on a boat were fishing nearby with bait and an anchor sized sinker and then a float suitable for suspending a yakka under it finally got annoyed enough with their relative lack of success to ask us how to catch them . We sent them off to buy a small float then set them up with the rest of the rig and some weed . They managed to catch 3 and were very happy and it was fun for us to see them succeed too.

good report. hope to hear more reports from you soon.

Hi fritz,

Long time no hear. Just curious, where did you fish at bermagui? I've seen them get a few near the boat ramp but never seen anyone fishing off the jettys where all the boats are tied up. Is that where you got them?

Well done, did you use the manly float?

Cheers,

Rickster

Hey Fritz,

Well done on coaching the youngsters on catching the blackies.

They will remember you and that day for many years to come.

It's people like yourself that makes fishing such a joy.

If only there were more people around like yourself.

When I was a teenager, trying to befriend the ocean blackfish fishermen for a tip or two was like extracting teeth.

They would barely look at you, let alone talk to you.

It took months on frustration before they would give you any feedback, usually it was "Watch out for this wave....", else they would not talk to you.

You have shown the complete opposite and showed the kids something that will likely become part of their lives.

When they are in their mid-thirty's and teaching their kids to fish, they will recount the day a man from Sydney showed them how to catch the blackfish...

The man told them to buy a float and what hook to use. He showed them the right rig and how to bait up.

Then came the indescribable excitement of hooking, fighting and landing the fish, and how it was at least 10kg and nearly dragged them off the wharf.

That man showed them the art of blackfishing.

That man was you....

Tony

Edited by Keflapod

Hi fritz,

Long time no hear. Just curious, where did you fish at bermagui? I've seen them get a few near the boat ramp but never seen anyone fishing off the jettys where all the boats are tied up. Is that where you got them?

Well done, did you use the manly float?

Cheers,

Rickster

Yes and yes . Just between the boats either side about 1/2 way along . I have also caught them between the boats off the rock wall which runs along the channel.

The Manly float triumphed again . I am so used to it now I may well fall apart when it eventually gets lost or broken.