Nambucca Heads Four Day Fishing Trip

Pongrass18ft

Hi Fishraiders,

Was invited to go for a four day fishing trip up to Nambucca Heads on Friday. Day 1 was to drive up safely and meet all the fishing club crew. The guys up there are very friendly and make you feel welcome. Cary and myself stayed at one of the fisherman's lodge which had all the feature comforts of home....even boat steering wheels in your bedroom...lol :thumbup: Day 2 we all woke up nice and early and headed down to see if the ocean was being kind to us but as usual for the weather these days it wasn't so we left the boat at the lodge and did land base for the day. They took me to all different fishing areas around Nambucca which was great fun catching a few fish everywhere we went. Day 3 we woke up nice and early again and the weather was perfect. Headed down to the beach, did a beach launch and off we went into the blue yonder in search of Pearl Perch, Snapper and whatever else came our way. Fishing schedule was 6am to 12pm as these are the hours they like to fish up there whereas I could have kept going all day :biggrin2: . We had a great day. We managed to catch Pearl Perch, Snapper and Venus Tusk Fish (gees they give a good fight). As I was pulling up the massive tusk fish I asked Noel "is this a good size for these fish as I've never seen one before" and he replied "it's a bloody ripper mate". As you can imagine I had a smile on my face all day as I now have two more fish that I've never caught before to add to my fishing album. The beach ramp is good fun for the locals up there but I wouldn't like to do what they do trying to get the boat out all the time as it's a real art. Day 4 was having a good sleep in and driving back to Sydney safely. Can't wait for my next trip.

Chris

post-13990-088194300 1290432070_thumb.jpg

post-13990-004583100 1290432165_thumb.jpg

post-13990-081663900 1290432197_thumb.jpg

post-13990-014937200 1290432247_thumb.jpg

post-13990-009898300 1290432267_thumb.jpg

post-13990-072513000 1290432291_thumb.jpg

post-13990-098636800 1290432308_thumb.jpg

post-13990-022010000 1290432331_thumb.jpg

Sounds like you had a good 4 days fishing Chris. Always wanted to catch a Venus Tusk fish and I believe they are good eating. Have you tried it yet?

Scoop it,s gutted gilled and scaled ready to eat.It,s my first tusk fish and will be eating it on the weekend i,m not sure what they taste like but alot of the locals said they,re better than the pearl perch to eat.Tonight i get to try pearl perch for my first time.Just hope i don,t get to hooked on the taste as it,s a long way to target these fish :1fishing1:

chris

Hi Chris,

Mate its a great spot Nambucca. I have a friend with a beach house overlooking the ocean there and its awesome. The area is still nice and beachy and hasnt been spoilt by development yet. The only thing saving it i guess is the boating facilities are pretty average. I used to love going down and watching people launch there boat with the club tractor.

Cheers

That's a great catch there Chris. It appears it was worth driving up the coast.

Nambucca is a beautiful spot, but I don't think I'd be very keen on too many beach launches.

Congratulations on your first Tusk Fish and the Pearl Perch. Both are a good size and great eating. :thumbup:

Cheers

Peter

Well done Chris, ahh Nambucca brings back very fond memories, my best ever fishing days were had there, 5kms out, hand lines, 2 hooks with double hookups all day long,sooo many fish, well done thanks for reminding me, Oh yeh great effort with the keys in most photos :biggrin2::yahoo:

Scoop it,s gutted gilled and scaled ready to eat.It,s my first tusk fish and will be eating it on the weekend i,m not sure what they taste like but alot of the locals said they,re better than the pearl perch to eat.Tonight i get to try pearl perch for my first time.Just hope i don,t get to hooked on the taste as it,s a long way to target these fish :1fishing1:

chris

nice haul mate :thumbup: i caught a venus tuskfish up at heron island on a charter on our honeymoon with da :wife: chefs prepped it up for the oven for me for dinner, was one of the nicest table fish iv ever eaten....ended up eating the lot myself the wife dont eat whole fish only fillets lol....the other island patrons were watching me hook into it hard whilst the rest of them were eating from a set menu lol.....your gona love it mate :thumbup: i was actually told they chew on coral by a local up there but i dunno if its BS or not :wacko: