Garmin Issue

Catchin Jack

Hi Raiders,

Just a quick rant and here we go, I bought a Garmin Android phone and went to their website in search of a silicone cover, YES they have it and it's in the USA.

BUT.......they don't mail to Australia so bugga, quick call to Garmin in AUS and they say they don't stock it. Next I email Garmin USA and explain my problem to which they direct me back to Garmin AUS and the AUS Garmin website to buy this cover, can't get it from AUS site so I call Garmin again and they AGAIN direct me back to Garmin USA. So I email Garmin USA AGAIN and reply back from them is "Sorry we can't help you". Yes they link me back to AUS site once more haha.

All I want is 2 silicone covers for my bloody phone but it seems Garmin has no bloody idea what they're doing, great customer support.......not.

So only way to get this cover is to find someone that lives in the USA to order it from the Garmin website and then mail it to me when they get it.

And to think I thought of buying one of their Marine products, that is a mistake I wont make.

And, tried getting Navionics for my Android phone and 15hrs later it still won't install, sits there verifying, so sent email asking for refund, that'll be another rant :ranting2:

The similar thing happened to me. not in worldwide scale but domestic scale. i had a faulty HP computer. i called the sydney hotline which transferred me to an indian call center. those guys can only try to make you calm, but they cant solve the problem for you. I then called the melbourne hotline, an actual person in australia picked up then transferred me to an indian guy again! called melbourne hope line again, this time with the magical key question 'Should i report this to fair trading office?', they put me to their manager which told me they couldnt help me replacing the computer, but transferred me to another malaysian operator who finally gave me a new computer.

basically, if you say you will report them to the fair trading office and you are losing money because of their action, they tends to be alert and do something about it. hope that helps.

Hi Raiders,

Just a quick rant and here we go, I bought a Garmin Android phone and went to their website in search of a silicone cover, YES they have it and it's in the USA.

BUT.......they don't mail to Australia so bugga, quick call to Garmin in AUS and they say they don't stock it. Next I email Garmin USA and explain my problem to which they direct me back to Garmin AUS and the AUS Garmin website to buy this cover, can't get it from AUS site so I call Garmin again and they AGAIN direct me back to Garmin USA. So I email Garmin USA AGAIN and reply back from them is "Sorry we can't help you". Yes they link me back to AUS site once more haha.

All I want is 2 silicone covers for my bloody phone but it seems Garmin has no bloody idea what they're doing, great customer support.......not.

So only way to get this cover is to find someone that lives in the USA to order it from the Garmin website and then mail it to me when they get it.

And to think I thought of buying one of their Marine products, that is a mistake I wont make.

And, tried getting Navionics for my Android phone and 15hrs later it still won't install, sits there verifying, so sent email asking for refund, that'll be another rant :ranting2:

Have you had any luck installing any other apps from the marketplace??

When you first setup the phone did you create a gmail account from the setup wizard?

If not this would be your problem as both things are linked

Yep got the gmail account, account for purchases also, and still NOTHING.

I've emailed Navionics to see if there's another solution.

Been reading some forums and apparently there's a lot of issues with getting software via marketplace, people paying and not being able to get the product. I've also submitted a refund request, see how we go. :mad3: