Wisemans Ferry

ritchie

Going for a drive + a quick LB sesh at Wisemans and around...Conditions not looking promising with thunderstorm forecast though :/ .. any last minute tips?

Wish me luck! :D

Conditions are looking great mate as long as the wind behaves its self. Water may be a little discoloured up there still but dont see why the fishing shouldnt be good.

Goodluck!

Musty

Thanks Guys..wasnt a bad drive in the drizzle, got there bottom of the tide and fished from the structure next to the boat ramp (PS/ the boat ramp seems to be done up and it looks much better now, no knee high mid anymore!!!) .. it was overcast and windy..too many house boats (wtf???),managed 1 bream, thats the one and only bite for the whole 3 hours i was there! :(

Hey JohnV,

i was tempted to drive up to spencer but was wwith the family so couldnt really leave 'em there... didnt know u could catch jewies LB @ Spencer? is that from the boat ramp? or the wharf?

Hi Guys,

I will be heading with the family during xmas over to wisemans ferry/spencer area and was wondering which area to fish.. would be great if you could help as i have no clue with the hawksbury system... i generally fish botany bay during summer..

if there are any other raiders that could help, that would be awesome..

we will be fishing with a boat and looking to target jewfish, bream, flathead..

Thanks guys,

Stevo

Hi Guys,

I will be heading with the family during xmas over to wisemans ferry/spencer area and was wondering which area to fish.. would be great if you could help as i have no clue with the hawksbury system... i generally fish botany bay during summer..

if there are any other raiders that could help, that would be awesome..

we will be fishing with a boat and looking to target jewfish, bream, flathead..

Thanks guys,

Stevo

Stevo,

I fish Wisemans fairly often, as I have a caravan there, but I am yet to nail it! I was up there three weekends ago (great weather :D) and the water surface temp was 23-24 degrees but it was extremely fresh (I know, I swallowed enough of it with my attempts to get up on one ski!). I didn't stray to far from the van park as it was a boy's weekend and I had to be sociable... (:beersmile: ). No jew, bream or flathead - I thought I could pull a bass or EP but no luck. When it's that fresh, I tend to do better on the saltwater species further downstream around the Laughtondale area but that has not been doing too well lately either. I haven't tried down as far as Spencer yet but I intend to when I fit another fuel tank.

Good luck.

Baz

Hey Richie, my mate tells me u can get 6 to 12kgs jewies from boat near the little jetty opp shop there thats all he would say (bugger) hes there all the time & Im trying to get him to come on my boat one nite to see were :biggrin2:

cheers john

Edited by johnv

Hey Richie, my mate tells me u can get 6 to 12kgs jewies from boat near the little jetty opp shop there thats all he would say (bugger) hes there all the time & sells them to a bloke a work.Im trying to get him to come on my boat one nite to see were :biggrin2:

cheers john

Unless that gentleman is a PROFESSIONAL FISHERMAN ?? it is against the law to sell your catch and that is called the blackmarket.

Please clarify this for the members as this person may have to reported to the authorites.

Regards Admin

Hey Richie, my mate tells me u can get 6 to 12kgs jewies from boat near the little jetty opp shop there thats all he would say (bugger) hes there all the time & Im trying to get him to come on my boat one nite to see were :biggrin2:

cheers john

hey john, for real?.. i've fished there landbased (from the jetty) and from my understanding its pretty shallow around there..i've casted towards the middle of the river (yeah, after alot of barbel curls hahaha) but never scored a jewie from there..ummm... may be there's a deep yet smaller hole somewhere there.. :1fishing1:

Unless that gentleman is a PROFESSIONAL FISHERMAN ?? it is against the law to sell your catch and that is called the blackmarket.

Please clarify this for the members as this person may have to reported to the authorites.

Regards Admin

wow..i didnt know that either..i went carp fishing one time at the local lakes and this asian gentleman approached me and offered $20 for a 5kg + carp i caught, i didnt take the money or gave him the fish as i didnt want him to get poisoned (given the amount of pollution in that lake!) but thought may be i can catch carp from penrith and sell them to these people (why not, to pay off my boat loan LOL)..is that deemed to be illegal as well?..even though its carp and its a pest

lol hey Ritchie, my mate's dad lives up there & my mate is there every 2nd weekend aswell on his rdo's it must be in the middle of the river cause he is in there boat & always fishes late arvo/nite or very early to mid mornin always with realy freshly caught squid, he did say there some very nice & deep holes where he goes to in spencer.:thumbup::1fishing1::beersmile:

cheers john

Stevo,

I fish Wisemans fairly often, as I have a caravan there, but I am yet to nail it! I was up there three weekends ago (great weather :D) and the water surface temp was 23-24 degrees but it was extremely fresh (I know, I swallowed enough of it with my attempts to get up on one ski!). I didn't stray to far from the van park as it was a boy's weekend and I had to be sociable... (:beersmile: ). No jew, bream or flathead - I thought I could pull a bass or EP but no luck. When it's that fresh, I tend to do better on the saltwater species further downstream around the Laughtondale area but that has not been doing too well lately either. I haven't tried down as far as Spencer yet but I intend to when I fit another fuel tank.

Good luck.

Baz