Kogarah Bay

Hey Raiders,

Put the yak in nice and early before the rain at Kogarah Bay ramp today - first time for me there so didn't really now how, where to drop a line but it looked like a nice place to have a paddle. Drifted through the moored boats flicking a soft plastic and 15 mins in got a just legal flattie, which went back in, so very happy there were some fish around. Went for about another 45mins and dropped something, then a snag took my jighead so decided to change to a blade and put on an Ecogear ZX30 - good decision. In next hour caught 4 more flatties ranging from 25 to 35cm, a couple of bream 20 and 25cm and a chopper tailor. All went back in, but it was great fun catching them. Hopefully those flatheads will fatten up and still be around in a month or so. Sorry no pics - don't trust myself with the camera in the yak yet!

Cheers

Hey Raiders,

Put the yak in nice and early before the rain at Kogarah Bay ramp today - first time for me there so didn't really now how, where to drop a line but it looked like a nice place to have a paddle. Drifted through the moored boats flicking a soft plastic and 15 mins in got a just legal flattie, which went back in, so very happy there were some fish around. Went for about another 45mins and dropped something, then a snag took my jighead so decided to change to a blade and put on an Ecogear ZX30 - good decision. In next hour caught 4 more flatties ranging from 25 to 35cm, a couple of bream 20 and 25cm and a chopper tailor. All went back in, but it was great fun catching them. Hopefully those flatheads will fatten up and still be around in a month or so. Sorry no pics - don't trust myself with the camera in the yak yet!

Cheers

Great work mate!

Its very unusual to chuck a blade on just after you lost a jig head to a snag but i like your style :)

It wont be long untill you pick up some nice fish from your yak

Pete