Georges River Eps

paul.kenny

Hi raiders,

Finally picked up my boat and minn kota after both were in the shop for repairs over the last couple of weeks. As a consequence, Bassboy and I were finally able to head out for a fish early Saturday morning. Due to the weather prediction of high winds we decided to focus on EPs, bream and possibly jewies in the Georges River.

We hit the water just on first light and headed straight to a number of deep holes to try for jewies. The tide was at the back end of the run out and we worked hard for an hour with our SPs for a couple of half hearted bumps. After losing a couple of SPs to the rock monsters we decided to switch to smaller SPs for bream and EPs. The change to the good old 80mm bloodworm wriggler brought immediate success and we were able to catch four EPs ranging from 22cm – 29cm before the boat traffic brought an end to the bite. The EPs were interspersed with a Bream and a couple of feisty tailor that were up to 29cm long.

post-12960-021987600 1291013499_thumb.jpg

post-12960-031523100 1291013520_thumb.jpg

post-12960-041748700 1291013544_thumb.jpg

post-12960-067446000 1291013561_thumb.jpg

As the tide turned and the boat traffic increased considerably we decided to call it quits and were home for lunch. Whilst it was a slow morning it was great to be out on the boat again.

Nice work boys, a few healthy looking ep's :thumbup:

Good to hear you back on the water again!

Hows the water looking on that run out tide, thinking about having a flick tomoz in the same sort of area for some jews.... :1fishing1:

Mick - the water was not too bad on Saturday morning and it was really warm. I reckon it might be a bit dirtier tomorrow morning...I'm sure you will let us know how you go.

Very nice work indeed and braving the weekends is harder than the crappy weather today :074:

That spot looks very familiar and I was going there today but Dogtooth said the water was very dirty above Como.

Cheers Stewy

Nice work BC. It's a shame that we Fishraiders have to share the water with other boaters :074: One of the reasons I'm so jealous of Swordfisherman is that he gets to fish through the week a lot so misses the worst of it.

Some nice looking fish and it must feel good to have your boat back under you.

Cheers, Slinky

Hi raiders,

Thanks for the kind words. The EPs are our no fail species at the moment, however I am looking forward to better weather so that we can get back amongst the surface action in the lower Georges River and Woolooware Bay :biggrin2:

Very nice work indeed and braving the weekends is harder than the crappy weather today :074:

That spot looks very familiar and I was going there today but Dogtooth said the water was very dirty above Como.

Cheers Stewy

Stewy - Fortunately there was only a small amount of boat traffic until about 10am, but then the hoards of jet-skis and ski boats arrived :thumbdown: PS - the water was OK on Saturday, however I could imagine it was dirty on Monday morning.

You guys should change your names to Estuarypearchboy and Estuarypearchcatcher :thumbup:

You deffently know how to get and im still a ep virgin!!

Cheers

Pete

Pete - PM me and I can give you some hints to get onto some EPs.....they give you an alternate target if the wind is too strong to fish the bay on Friday arvos and there would less boat traffic about, therefore a good time to target them.

Nice work BC. It's a shame that we Fishraiders have to share the water with other boaters :074: One of the reasons I'm so jealous of Swordfisherman is that he gets to fish through the week a lot so misses the worst of it.

Some nice looking fish and it must feel good to have your boat back under you.

Cheers, Slinky

Thanks Slinky - it is great to have the boat back.