Trolling Setup

Kosta1

hey guys

do you guys use a sinker with you lures, i tried trolling once and was going around about 5 knots with a diving lure ( the one with the lip on a angle at the front.) I had 20 pound line on aswell but discovered that the lure was bouncing along the surface. Can someone please give any tips on rigging up a rod for trolling.

Cheers

hey guys

do you guys use a sinker with you lures, i tried trolling once and was going around about 5 knots with a diving lure ( the one with the lip on a angle at the front.) I had 20 pound line on aswell but discovered that the lure was bouncing along the surface. Can someone please give any tips on rigging up a rod for trolling.

Cheers

Bounching along the surface u say?

It it an El-Cheapo?

Or maybe your rod was too long. I find when i use shallow divers off longer rods they dive only to come back up and do what ur saying. You can bring ur line back down and hitch it to ur bail arm with an elastic band that helps to keep the angle down low.

Musty

Guest Aussie007

What lure is it? Some metal lip lures like Rapala CD mag can be tuned with by twisting the bib slightly one way or the other with some pliers.

they say on the web site to not use pliers but i agree with u the bib seems impossible to move by hand and the rapala lures i have and my mates also only last half a dozen to a dozen fiesty bonito and tailor than there no good cant even tune them ending up with the problem Kosta1 is having with the lures popping out of the water but if they are rapala lures rapala says on there web site u need to keep the lures close to the boat 5-20 meters with light leaders to stop them popping