Fly Fishing Line

jighead

I clean my line by using natraul soap in luke warm water with a sponge by running it throyugh the spone 3 or 4 times. don't use a soap with additives as it will destroy the line in the long run, I dry my lin ewit ha soft cloth and then treat it with one of the line cleaners PZ is a good one or the rio one is excellent. I then dress my line with a good floatant every 3 or 4 trips to maintain it.

Hope this helps

• 5 months later...

Hi

As the others have mentioned warm soapy water is best, I use Amoral( bought from Supercheap etc) this is one of the best line treatments there is ( i know almost all the top rods in Europe use this)

Armor all does work well, but not exactly great for the water environment. Loon make some good cleaners with a funny little device that you run the line thru, and not too expensive.

I guess it boils down to how often you use your line, the cost of the line ( i.e: if a SA or Cortland line then yeah clean....) but if a cheapy one - replace.

I have in the past used Armorall, I basically run the line thru a cloth soaked with AA, then place line in a med ziplock and spray the line in it again, leave it o/nite and then run thru cloth again, usually does a good job, but I use the loon

My 2 cents worth....post-8890-005562800 1306830091_thumb.jpg

post-8890-032795600 1306830119_thumb.jpg