Lane Cove River, Fig Tree Bridge And Iron Cove

Hi guys,

went out for a few hours today and tried both hb's and sp's for absolutely nothing, all land based :1badmood:

First i tried from the bank of the lane cove river about 200m down river from the steakhouse which is located beside new delhi road. There was a lovely little mud bank i was standing on, i used rmg scorpion no 52 and a little attack pink with black spots lure.

Nothing no bites. I was there for about 1 hour.

Then off to fig tree bridge, i was on the north side i tried around to the left where the water seems deeper. Where do you guys usually fish here north or south side?? I was here for about 1/2 hour

Then the rain came down so headed over to uts rowers. Tried all along the bank over to the footbridge, then over the other side continued right up to the wharf. Nothing

Then over to birkenhead point, i found a nice spot right on the spot, just to the right of the rowing club. again fished about 1/2 hour before the rain got me again.

Then off to ottos to get some sx40's but they were sold out. Apparently someone has put out the word that their a great lure and everyones buying them :biggrin2:

Anyway i am going to head over to clifton gardens tomorrow then maybe the spit.

Aaron

Can't fault you for trying Aaron. All the places you mentioned hold fish, but like any spot they have their quiet periods too. Keep goin' back and and you'll eventually find 'em. BTW Fig Tree Bridge on the north side is where a lot of the spinning guys go. There's a large sandflat there you can get onto at low tide.

Pukka

Thanks guys,

I went out today all i got was one chopper tailor. the guy beside me at the mouth of the cooks river got a nice australian salmon lucky guy, on sp's.

I have penciled in next monday at the rowers, i will be there about 6:30 so leave some fish for me.

I drive a silver astra and am looking forward to learning a thing or two

Aaron

Look forward to meeting you Aaron.  We will probably start at the YTS rowers and do the 8 foot shuffle over the walk bridge to the La Montage side of the bay.

47961[/snapback]

I am looking forward to meeting up with 8footugly for the 3rd time, JD for the 2nd time and Aaaron for the 1st time.

Despite what the fishing may bring it will no doubt be a nice session with great people - as I have found all of the Fishraider people that I have been fortunate enough to come across in my time.

JD and 8footugly are both guys that I can continue to learn so much from :thumbup:

Cant comment for JD, but you outfished me last week mate.  Who's teaching who!!

48029[/snapback]

The result was squared on Monday with me producing a Donut and 8footugly at least 1x Lizard

JD

The Herring was beginners luck

I do agree though - a day out fishing is an awesome way to relax and unwind. Any catch is a bonus