Hate to say it but....

gobbledock

G`day raiders after some tough times fishing in the harbour I have been hitting Botany to see if the kings are on the chew.

And botany has produced once again. Will admit (personally) this year if you want size in your kings hit the harbour, on the other hand if its numbers you want hit the Bay.

To put a long story short we picked up our squid in an hour with only 4, not bad considering it was an 8 o`clock start. Motored to the car parkand dropped our baits. In the end we captured 12 or so kings (lost count) most being rats and a couple legals, biggest going 76cm. Also hooked some rats on sluggos using 5lb braid which was fun. Tightlines

post-10853-079687300 1294264905_thumb.jpg

post-10853-074646300 1294264930_thumb.jpg

Edited by stream827

Well done!. Being able to find a NUMBER OF SQUID IN THE BAY as that seeems to be harder to do than find the kings at the moment . Not many squid have been there of late for me at least .

Yeah the big southerly winds a few days ago have put them off. Also caught them on unusual jigs, by that i mean our usual favorite jigs didn't work at all and the jigs we hardly ever use did the damage this time

Nice one mate cant complain about that, seems there was a lot of raiders out on wednesday, you guys were the ones in the quintrex that had problems? was going to ask if you guys needed a tow back but figured you were waiting for someone then i saw the coppers giving you a hand before we decided to head back in.

Nice one mate cant complain about that, seems there was a lot of raiders out on wednesday, you guys were the ones in the quintrex that had problems? was going to ask if you guys needed a tow back but figured you were waiting for someone then i saw the coppers giving you a hand before we decided to head back in.

Yeah that was us (Starter motor went)lol notice you had the same motor. You guys have much luck? Wouldnt ask anyone for a tow while your in the middle of fishing. Wasnt life or death situation

lol thought so when i saw you guys belting the starter. Have a 115 on ours, havent had any troubles (yet).

Nothing legal, just a kingy that was 60cm and a small port jackson, wasted most the morning trolling.

Well done!. Being able to find a NUMBER OF SQUID IN THE BAY as that seeems to be harder to do than find the kings at the moment . Not many squid have been there of late for me at least .

different jigs... my fav jigs didn't work on that day