Mid North Coast Bass

Hey Guys a little bit of bad weather has set in up the coast so ive put together a little bit of footage of my first few Bass Fishing sessions on the Upper reachers of the Nambucca River.

My first crack at these little beauties is in Taylors Arm and the fishing was great!!!!!!

As everyone is well aware of the huge amounts of rain that is smashing the east coast the rivers are very swollen and the fishing is a little tricky with fish tucked up right under cover of river banks and snags.

Fished for area for two mornings and nailed over 15 bass to 37cm :yahoo: and was smoked by a cruncher that took me into the weeds.

Still very new to this style of fishing and need to spend a little time getting use to throwing light lures amongst the timber, think ive spent more time in the trees then in the water at this stage :ranting2:

Lures that seem to be working well are Atomic Deep divers 35mm, no fish yet on surface lures and the fishing around mid morning has been the most productive.

Next adaventure planned for the Bowraville area where ive been told the fishing is a little better and average size of fish a little bigger so i cant wait for the weather to clear up and get amongst it.

Enjoy the footage!!!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B3c_BKqs6Tw

Mick :beersmile:

I love it mate, certainly is a great form of fishing.

Got lots to learn and plenty of great water to start exploring up here to, so good to get away from the crowds and im still blown way how hard 30cm fish pull.

Will have to get together for a few Sydney sessions when i get back.

Mick

Nice fish Mick...certainly nothing like a bit of Bass fishing :thumbup: . I have had to can my trip to Lake Monduran next week due to the flooding :1badmood: and will now go chasing Bass at Lake Glenbawn for 8 days.....I hope I have the same level of success on the Bass that you have had.

Mate cracking sessions....they do pull hard don't they....we depart tommorrow, can't what to smack a bass up there too...doesn't look like you've worked the area we did well in last year yet, so maybe there will be a few left me too...

Looks like you had a ball Mick. :thumbup:

They are great little battlers on the light stuff. Interesting, a few weeks ago we were getting good numbers of quality bass, all on the surface. Now they have vanished, and most reports appearing on the forum state that they are predominately taking hardbodies now. I hope you get into a few 40+ in the near future ... that'll make the reel sing!

Cheers

Ian

Basscatcher- Mate thats a shame about Monduran but you should have a ball at Glenbawn, looking forward to the report!!!

Give em heaps!!!!!!

Poddy Trapper- Hope you get some good weather when your up here, the fishing is off the hook at the moment.

Hav'nt tryed the area you mentioned yet due to rain but im itching to get there.

Hodgey- 40cm bass would top the holiday off, had about 100mm of rain in 2 days and the rivers are back to choc milk, heavy rain

forecasted for the next 4 days so not looking good but will definately have a good crack at it.

Cheers, Mick