Wana get my first Jew tonight

stevex

Hey all been really wanting to catch a Jew but never had any luck just wondering if someone and tell me where I can go tonight and try . Also wat rigs and bait is best any help would be awesome just wanting to fell the fight not a fan on eating any fish so all My fish get released so I'm no threat lol thanks heaps

Steve

Personally, I would try the rivers, ie the parramatta river. There are probably many other locations you could try but the reason I am sending you there are a few reasons.

*I caught my first Jew there :)

*gives you an opportunity to catch your own bait and fish in the same location

I would try somewhere like cabarita ferry warf or abbotsford or around Gladesville.

In regards to rigs, keep it simple. I run 30lb main with 60lb main leader ( iknow that's heavy but I fish a lot of beaches and need the weight due to sharks etc)

Tie a swivel the mainline connect that to 800mm of 60 pound line, slide a running star sinker to that line, finish that with another swivel. Hooks I tie another 200mm of 60 pound to the end of the last swivel with a pair of 6/0s double snells.

Good luck.

Steve

Personally, I would try the rivers, ie the parramatta river. There are probably many other locations you could try but the reason I am sending you there are a few reasons.

*I caught my first Jew there :)

*gives you an opportunity to catch your own bait and fish in the same location

I would try somewhere like cabarita ferry warf or abbotsford or around Gladesville.

In regards to rigs, keep it simple. I run 30lb main with 60lb main leader ( iknow that's heavy but I fish a lot of beaches and need the weight due to sharks etc)

Tie a swivel the mainline connect that to 800mm of 60 pound line, slide a running star sinker to that line, finish that with another swivel. Hooks I tie another 200mm of 60 pound to the end of the last swivel with a pair of 6/0s double snells.

Good luck.

Hi mate,

I would be hitting the beach and fish 2 hours either side of tonights high.

It is perfect timing moon phase wise. I would hit Long Reef to Dee Why. Scope out best gutter anywhere along that stretch. Park car in Dee Why side carpark and not Long reef carpark. DY has better security in carpark as opposed to LR that can be suss with anti social BS at night.

Two rods with one dedicated for jews and other try to get a salmon or tailor. If so chuck on butterflied tailor or salmon fillet (not too big) and hold on.

Good luck on your mission.

Mike

Hi mate,

I would be hitting the beach and fish 2 hours either side of tonights high.

It is perfect timing moon phase wise. I would hit Long Reef to Dee Why. Scope out best gutter anywhere along that stretch. Park car in Dee Why side carpark and not Long reef carpark. DY has better security in carpark as opposed to LR that can be suss with anti social BS at night.

Two rods with one dedicated for jews and other try to get a salmon or tailor. If so chuck on butterflied tailor or salmon fillet (not too big) and hold on.

Good luck on your mission.

Mike

Zenman

Do you fish the northern beaches hard?

I fish 3 times a week. We should have a jewfish session one night ?

Zenman

Do you fish the northern beaches hard?

I fish 3 times a week. We should have a jewfish session one night ?

Hi typhoon,

Mate I used to fish the northern beaches a lot but now really only fish from boat. Have given up land based fishing.

Mike