Where would i be able to catch big breams

andy123

i have never caught a legal sized bream only small one and a few just under legal size. i was wandering how i would catch a big one in the georges like what bait, what areas to fish for them, what tide and that sort of things and am land based.

i have never caught a legal sized bream only small one and a few just under legal size. i was wandering how i would catch a big one in the georges like what bait, what areas to fish for them, what tide and that sort of things and am land based.

Andyz123 picnic point,lambeth park you will get on to some quality bream and jewfish day or night.Blood worm,prawns,pilchards will be fine as bait,fresh mullet fillets work a treat there as well.There is a walkway there so you can fish many spots GOOD LUCK and look forward to reading your posts.

chris.

Hey AndyZ,

Give us some more information, ie:

1. Boat fishing or land?

2. What part of Sydney do you favour ?

3. Rock, beach or estuary ?

4. Day or night preference ?

That would put your question into some perspective and we can give you some pointers.

Tony

well depends on what type of big breams, use crabs my brother caught a 40cm on at lugarno seafood, i found just bread as bait at oatley boat ramp where the sand is, i caught a fair few legal breams. but yeah your choice.

well depends on what type of big breams, use crabs my brother caught a 40cm on at lugarno seafood, i found just bread as bait at oatley boat ramp where the sand is, i caught a fair few legal breams. but yeah your choice.

doesn't all the mullet take the bread bait cause i see them jumping around there all the time.

Yeah, just gotta be careful there at Pier 2. One of my mate lost his wallet there when he was fighting the fish. Sometimes, that place is packed out over the weekend. Let me know if you are still not sure about the location.

Hey Andy,

One spot that I know off the top of my head is under tom ugly's bridge where you can park your car in front of your rods.

Like most decent land based spots it can get crowded, but because your car is near your rods, you can shelter or even sleep!

Use pilchard halves on 2 rods for bait but don't cast more than 30m.

Use live nippers in close (20m cast).

Fish early morning up to 11:00am or the last 2 hours before sunset into the night or at night.

Fish any time on rainy days.

Other spots to try is the wharf on the Sans Souci end of Captain Cooks Bridge.

Go early but remember that the wharf is used by charter boats and other boats. They usually start picking up at 6:30am or so.

Get there earlier if you can bcos after that it will be frustrating to pull in your lines every 10 minutes(except on big swell days where the charterers don't operate - or shouldn't!).

Burley the water below your feet for yakkas (try one for live bait for jewies) and pillie halves / nippers for bait on the rods cast out.

These are the spots I used when I was land based 25 years ago - they are still popular.

Both spots have lots of room but can still get a bit crowded.

Hope this helps you out.

Tony

Edited by Keflapod