Position of Motor

Thunderace

I'm buying a Minn Kota for the front of my runabout (with windscreen), below there are two option for mounting,

The second one allows me to keep both bow rails and it is also easier to release (as it's less distance to learn over) obviously this method will put the motor a bit further off centre, is this a issue ?????,

Thanks

17012011143.jpg

17012011142.jpg

I don't imagine it would be. It's not going produce enough thrust to be affected by being off centre. It's really only there to gently push you around not provide main power where trim is important.

My mate has one on his tinny mounted on a plate around the same position as your second pic and his functions fine. Same mate has been pushing me to get one and stern mount it off one side, I just don't have a use for it at this stage to make it worth the investment.

I did have another thought on this thunderace (nice name by the way, I used to ride one til a truck pancaked it!).

You'll want to watch the depth of the leg if you have everyone standing on the other side of the boat. If you run it out of the water there's a small chance you could burn the motor out. That could depend on the quality of the motor I guess.

I did have another thought on this thunderace (nice name by the way, I used to ride one til a truck pancaked it!).

You'll want to watch the depth of the leg if you have everyone standing on the other side of the boat. If you run it out of the water there's a small chance you could burn the motor out. That could depend on the quality of the motor I guess.

Yep, I still own one, 100K and still going

Yes I reckon I will have to run with the motor as far down as it will go

Thanks