Sydney harbour sat

AndrewNR

Hit the harbour at 5 am at our spot got the burley trail going and as the sun came up we were on. Hooked a good one which put a good bend in the tcurve and was taking 6 kg drag. Got it to the boat and it was about 80 cm. Leader was too long from the swivel and it was hard to control and it brushed the prop and then ping, gone lesson learned My mate was on next with fresh squid and line was being pulled and he tightened his drag too much and his knot in his 40lb leader broke. 5 mins later got a 60cm model which pulled nothing like the other two. 1.5 hrs later nothing came except 50 other boats so we decided to move to a quieter spot as the traffic was putting them off. Put a few yakkas out and about half an hour later at the new spot with the burley going my 8lb bream rod goes off and after about 5 mins a 60cm model comes up. It was nearly 11am and we said 15 more mins for home time. I caught a bream while waiting and as it surfaced the rod buckles at the back. In a panic I put the small rod in the holder and tell my mate to get the bream. As the fish turned I looked and my rod was in the water with the bream on it(obviously not in the holder). My mate grabbed it, untangled it from the other line and after a few minutes I brought up a fat 80 cm model weighing 4 kg. About 12 we quit with a keeper and after catching heaps of just legal bream and undersize snapper that all went back as we were stuffed. Dropped mate off at manly. Took boat home back out west, cleaned it, cleaned esky with ice slurry and the fish, took the submerged reel apart and washed it then had some king steaks for lunch and it was 5pm. What a long day. Fell asleep at 6 and got up an hour ago! 12 hour round trip and was wrecked but would do it all over again. Cheers thanks for reading.

Andrew.

post-12093-042869200 1295748003_thumb.jpg

Edited by cant catch any