Yet Another Beautiful Day

Captain Pugwash

What a superb day, and even better night. Just got home from Aussie Stadium where the Mighty Tahs won their semi and are into the final for the first time ever. GO YOU GOOD THING!

The fishing was a little on the quiet side but the water was as calm as a lake.

Off to a late start due to a big night OTP. Off to Balmoral to seek out those recently elusive yakkas and again they were hard to catch. Got 5 in about an hour before we said "enough" lets go and have a crack. It was so calm out there we decided to head round to Bluefish Pt. Anchored, berleyed and straight on to a nice big trev, followed immediately afterwards by another on Dollface's rod. you BEWDY thinks I, in for a busy day. Get settled down again and OFF squeals the charter special with a livie on the bottom. Spins around and by the time I pick up the rod the mongrel had spat the hook! :ranting2::ranting2::05:

It then goes quiet for some reason, maybe the tide change, but we get nothing for an hour. Eventually the trevs woke up again and we finished up with 4 nice ones for dinner and 6 back into the briny for next time.

Decide to head back in as we were off to the Rugby tonight but couldn't resist a little stopover at this little place I know inside North Head. Sure enough, thousands of horse size yakkas, a few slimeys, couple of small squire but nothing else.

Time is getting away so I start one engine and start pulling the lines in. Just put the second last rod away and go to pick up the last one when wouldn't you know it something grabs the livie on the bottom. In what is becoming a very regular and pleasant past time of late up comes, you guessed it, another John Dory! :1clap:

And JoCool, just to prove I am considerate of others, I put him back because I already had my trevors for dinner.

I still don't have either digital camera fixed but finally developed a roll of film from the old beast. I'll attampt to attach a few Dory shots to convince you the tales are tall but true.

Here goes,

and these

and what about these three :1yikes:

and even better, what about these three!!!!!!!!!! :074:

Well, that's it for now.

Tight lines.

Pete

Guest Jocool

I never doubted you mate! :thumbup: But I havent heard anyone else catching Dory's yet! Good onya mate. :yahoo:

I just noticed...Is that last one a Yakka??? :1yikes::1yikes: Wheres the saddle?????? :074::074::074:

I never doubted you mate! :thumbup: But I havent heard anyone else catching Dory's yet! Good onya mate. :yahoo:

I just noticed...Is that last one a Yakka???  Wheres the saddle?????? :074:

48642[/snapback]

Actually Jo,

that is my darling with her first ever Kingy. Undersize and it went straight back after the photo but she landed it on a very light ugly stick with a small eggbeater which was a great effort. definitley worth a photo!

Did you like the look of some of my fishing friends? :1yikes::074::1prop::1clap:

Helps the day go by I can assure you!

And one more Dory for good measure

and a trev

and a salmon on it's way in via my South African mate Anton

and the result

All the best

Pete

Guest Jocool
Did you like the look of some of my fishing friends?  :1yikes::074:  :1prop:  :1clap:

Helps the day go by I can assure you!

48645[/snapback]

Not going there mate! :074: Family site and all! :1naughty:

Well done Pete, some nice fish there.  Never caught a Dory b4, but heard they are good eating.

48678[/snapback]

They are wonderful eating. I found this recipe where you roll the fillets around ham and cheese slices then breadcrumb and fry.

Absolutely delicious

Pete