nearly there, wish me luck

piratesgold

Well this weekend is going to be interesting, the missus loves fishing, but is scared stiff of going in the boat (she can't swim). she will go in the boat in dam reluctantly, but not in the sea, so.... we are off to the swimming pool tomorrow morning with her lifejacket, to show her how it works, and how to move about in the water in one, in the billion to one chance she would need to use it. Hopefully this will boost her confidence, and she will come out next trip. if i can get her to jump in the deep end with it on and be cumfortable, i will have cracked it.wish me luck............ Johnno

Mate im in a simular situation and thought the good old "chuck them in the deep end" motto would work..., my suggestion.... dont take her offshore in 2mtr swell for her second outing. another one of my ultimate fails...:thumbdown:

cheers,

Dan

Yeah she is learning to swim......slowly, as a senior, and years ago her 'ex' took her out in a boat and really bounced it about, leaving her sick, bruised and scared pooless :thumbdown: (one of the reasons he's an ex) her main worry is not knowing what to do if she's in the water in an emergency . (i have not mentioned stingers and triangular fins!!!) :1yikes: she is keen, she was looking at new lifejackets the other day and tried an inflatable for size but rejected it as she might/would panic and not find the pullcord, which is fair comment, so she will just have to sweat in a bulky type1 waistcoat