Aust day Marlin

pure spirit

bit of a late report headed wide off longie on Aust day, Mike did a great job of finding a good mark... 10 minutes into our first run hooked up but was quickly dropped, about a hour later boated a stripped tuna. About another hour later STRIKE the long corner ripped out on a good sized stripped marlin as i controled it's run and mike started to clear the other 3 lines... took a 2nd hook up !!! so double hook up on Marlin :1yikes: the 2nd charged at the boat with a couple of jumps and came within 10metres of the boat shoulders out only to throw the lure by this stage i'd lost truck loads of line. With 3 lines still out the back to chase was not going to work as Mike adjusted my drag things started to look good :thumbup: till the braid backing locked into the reel :thumbdown: as the mono stretched we only had a moment to clear it ... snap ! that's the way it goes !

After that we opted to run only 2 lines, hour or so later on again but got throw again, from that point things got slow chased a few birds with no luck.

All said a great day even if we didn't get any to the boat.

Edited by pure spirit

Thats crazy considering we had multi lines out all day trolled over 200km across the shelf for nothing.

mate that's game fishing for you ! did you see any dolpins (dophins not mahi) we saw them a few times either before or after strikes. where were you ?

cheers noah