Narra Lakes

havnt fished here for weeks, so it was good to get back, especially to test out my tinny in the shallower waters of the lake. Only had a couple of hours and didnt get there till 6, which is late for me. Caught 5 choppers this morning to about 30 cms on fly, chatruesse clousers with weighted eyes and another 2 with the silver slug dropped about 3, including the biggest one of the day. I only use the slug to find the fish trolling, usually around the bridge and channels, then once found get into them with the fly. Headed home about 9, short and sweet as the Mrs wants to go shopping. It was good fun and again, the lake provided the fly fix for me.

Guest Jocool

Onya Ken! How did the boat go in the shallows? I'm guessing she doesnt draw more than about 40 cm.

G'day Joe,

the water went well in the shallows today, and I reckon she draws less than 40 in the water Joe, but will take more notice next time I am out, its handy having an electric tilt as well. The new Matrix 27 presents sharp images too, but there are still lots to fiddle around with still to get use to all the functions, the lake is a perfect place to try a few things. Did you get out at all?

Guest bluecod

Ken,

Good to see the new girl is getting some use and you're getting her rigged out to suit. Also sound like you had a bit of fun on home turf today :thumbup: