Steamers Beach

breenysfella

Hey fellas im looking to find out how to get to steamers beach? in particualar the rock spots can anyone recomend me how to get to the decent ones? I heard its swell dependant can you tell me if its dangerous etc? Also fellas as im on old bloke ive had trouble trying to understand weather reports what the forceast for tuesday down nowra way?

cheers fellas :thumbup:

Guest bluecod

:1welcomeani: to the site breenysfella

mate its been that long since I've been to Steamers, half the tracks have probably been closed so the information that I've long since forgotten would be no use to you anyway. I can remember, quite vividly in fact, that the owner of one of the Nowra tackle stores spun up a 17.5 lb snapper from the rocks at the southern end of the beach [we are talking about 28 years ago] to go with the four salmon he had earlier caught on the same WK Arrow.

Yes the beach faces pretty well S.E. so in a southerly swell it can be dangerous off the rocks.

Forecast for Tuesday is Fine apart from isolated showers in the south. Mild. Moderate west to northwest winds, fresh at times in the afternoon ahead of a late southwest change.

Hope someone else can help you with recent directions to Steamers.

You should be able to get hold of a map from the National Park people showing the Steamers beach track. From memory it gets pretty steep down at the beach end but is well marked.

There have been articles written about it in the magazines over the years. I can drag one out if you like. More recently than my trip in there on foot, I have been there by boat and trolled up heaps of salmon & tailer.