Rod to Match Saltiga 5000H

steze

I would just like for some opinions on a rod to match the Daiwa Saltiga 5000H. Im mainly fishing landbased from the rocks. Thinking of putting 50lb Saltiga braid on it as well. Is there anything else someone could reccommend?

Try the Saltiga SI braid, the newer one. NIce and thin and casts very well. Another is the Jerry Brown from the states. Casts very well, excellent knot strength and cheap! There is even a hollow core option if your into splicing doubles in your line before connection. I have a couple of popper outfits with this stuff and when you tie your FG's it looks like the line fuses together, brillant!

Not sure about rods but some of the lighter 40-50lb popper outfits in the 8-8'6" range would cast metals and poppers to 100gms nicely and still heaps of control near the rocks.

G

Try the Saltiga SI braid, the newer one. NIce and thin and casts very well. Another is the Jerry Brown from the states. Casts very well, excellent knot strength and cheap! There is even a hollow core option if your into splicing doubles in your line before connection. I have a couple of popper outfits with this stuff and when you tie your FG's it looks like the line fuses together, brillant!

Not sure about rods but some of the lighter 40-50lb popper outfits in the 8-8'6" range would cast metals and poppers to 100gms nicely and still heaps of control near the rocks.

G

Thanks alot for the info. Im probably looking at something along the 10ft range. What do you guys for the Saltiga S Extreme Rod. Its a bit shorter then the 10Ft but the strength is incredible. In regards to the braid I will probably get that Saltiga SI Braid. Thanks again

13 foot nitro messiah 10-15kg is a great rod as well mate plus been 3 piece easy to store or take to ya spot, iv got that with a 6500 saltist and 50lb braid and its got plenty of guts :thumbup: and a lifetime 60 dollar warranty ya pay 60 bucks and they replace it if ya broke it any which way no ifs or buts :thumbup:

You are correct my friend.

a long rod will put a lot of strain on you and i'm talking from experience. a couple of weekends ago I was fishing with a 12ft tiralejo and 50lb braid set to some 8kg of drag and I got a decent fish on. I was struggling to hold the rod and i'm 6ft3 tall and 105kg so by all means not a small guy:-)

After this experience I'll be looking at a shorter rod soon something in the vicinity of 8ft as this will give me more than enough clearance and the strain on my back would not be nowhere near as bad

Good luck with it mate and post a report when u smash the king!!

a long rod will put a lot of strain on you and i'm talking from experience. a couple of weekends ago I was fishing with a 12ft tiralejo and 50lb braid set to some 8kg of drag and I got a decent fish on. I was struggling to hold the rod and i'm 6ft3 tall and 105kg so by all means not a small guy:-)

After this experience I'll be looking at a shorter rod soon something in the vicinity of 8ft as this will give me more than enough clearance and the strain on my back would not be nowhere near as bad

Good luck with it mate and post a report when u smash the king!!

Thanks mate. Yea I am looking at the Saltiga Dorado Rod which is about 8ft.

Thanks mate. Yea I am looking at the Saltiga Dorado Rod which is about 8ft.

Mate I recon the Dorado's will be to light for kings on the rocks, they are to soft with no balls till the grip. They build it like that so the hooks don't pull when the dorados jump.

Personally I think GT rods will be better suited.

Mate I recon the Dorado's will be to light for kings on the rocks, they are to soft with no balls till the grip. They build it like that so the hooks don't pull when the dorados jump.

Personally I think GT rods will be better suited.

I agree with Greg here mate

to run 50lb u need a rod with some balls so look for something in the 50-80lb range, daiwa monster mesh is one that springs to mind. they have an 8'3 rod which would be perfect for this

Thanks again guys. I went back to have a look. Chucked a deposit on the Saltiga GT. Its 8ft 6' and has so much grunt. The guy loaded it up for me and I was in pain. Picked up my new Saltiga today so can't wait to blood it.