Eastern suburbs Firsher-pals!

Dingostema

Hello all, just wanted to say a quick hello to everyone here as I have just joined the forum.

I'm David, originally from London, 37 years old and have been fishing less than 10 times in my life. My birthday was in January and my girlfriend bought me my first rod, reel, rock boots and a few bits.

We live in Coogee in the Eastern suburbs of Sydney and after a couple of fishing trips with a mate (the rocks last Sunday during the day at Watsons Bay and on Monday night off Coogee beach after dark) I think I may be getting the bug. I am not desperate to fish for anything in particular but I would like to catch something edible.

I am hoping to find local fisher-pals who may be up for a spot of after work mid week fishing within the Eastern suburbs.

Thanks all, David

Hi David, welcome to fishraider, hope you enjoy the site.

Just remember once you get the "bug" for fishing it'll become a very expensive hobby haha.

I'm sure you'll find someone on here that's around your area to meet up with for a fishing session or 20.

• 1 month later...

Hi David

I'm 37 too, English, fished since I was young, but just getting to grips with local fishing - happy to pass on knowledge. I live in Paddington.

Definitely interested in heading out for a session off the rocks somewhere in the harbour.

Let me know when you think you might be free.

Cheers

Ben.

Hi Gents,

I would be interested in that also. The misses lives in randwick and i live in the western suburbs however that's not my handicap. I just generaliy need a days notice as i would drive 4hrs for a good meat pie, even further to fish :thumbup: .

I haven't fished off coogee before however have read of people catching flathead there which is more than edible if you can land one.

Cheers

Pete.