Roseville Bogey

G'day,

I went down to Roseville yesterday land based just passed the Lyre bird track.

With all the good reports of Jew around, I thought I'd throw out some 4" and 5" Soft plastics and see whether any Jews were lurking in the area.

After 2 or 3 hours of robotic casting and retrieving, my forearm was starting to call it quits, so ended another fizzer session at Roseville!!

I find the Roseville system a REAL challenge. The fishing here seems to be hot and cold on the 'extreme' level.

Now, if only I hadn't watched no no no's awesome Jew session in this area on his DVD!! :ranting2::biggrinthumb:

cheers,

Spizza

Unlucky Spizza,

That system is very 'hit and miss' and unpredictable.. :thumbdown:

However we have seen some decent fish come out of there...occasionally !

Im sure there is some local knowledge to be gathered on fishing the system !!

Nick

I can't crack the code for this system at all. More than happy to buy a few drinks for anyone pretending to have the key.

48715[/snapback]

Phew, I thought I was the only one! :biggrin2:

Funny thing is, in the past I bait fished around the bridge using strips of chicken breast and landed some thumping bream and dropped a soapie.

I have flogged the area land and boat based over the last two years with the finest specimens of soft plastics available, and have had consistent donut sessions...... :wacko:

The place just looks so 'fishy' with all the structures and huge schools of bait fish in the area, and to continually come up empty is frustrating! :ranting2:

Cheers,

Spizza

Problem is with upper middle harbour, it is hard to fish to begin with and the first place to close down when the water temp' drops.

Summer after a good rain is probably the best time, but I would've thought the rain we've had recently might have turned on some fish... maybe not. :05:

Pukka

Problem is with upper middle harbour, it is hard to fish to begin with and the first place to close down when the water temp' drops.

Summer after a good rain is probably the best time, but I would've thought the rain we've had recently might have turned on some fish... maybe not.  :05:

Pukka

48752[/snapback]

Yeah, I thought the same thing with the rain we had recently + the large schools of mullet in the area at present.

Two weeks ago I had another shocker whilst fishing from a boat at Roseville, the only consolation was jagging mullet with large chrome lures... :biggrin2:

They had schooled in masses just off the boat ramp......and me and a mate cast into the school with chrome lures and foul hooked some of the poor mullet on the fast retrieve....we were starved of any decent action prior to this so we had a ball on the unorthodox approach....