KINGIE GEAR

alvillanova

HI FELLOW RAIDERS JUST WONDERIN AS I AM HEADIN BACK OVER TO AUCKLAND, WHAT JIGS, COLORS, ARE BEST FOR AUCKLAND OFFSHORE WATERS, WILL BE CHASIN KINGIES TO 25KG, ALSO WHAT ROD WOULD BE RECOMMENDED. LOOKIN AT A T CURVE. CHEERS

Hi mate,

I reckon the Tcurve is no good. I have a 15kg Blue Water spin model and it is sloppy, heavey (honestly, its tip must be 8mm diamenter), has no underbinds, cheap reel seat, crappy epoxy job and a ferrule which never locks in properly and if it does, you can't get it apart. Try a Carpenter or Smith. Alternatively, get one made!!

Edited by Cephalopod

tcurves have no place when targeting big NZ kings

green & gold jigs seem to be very productive in nz along with purple jigs

i had most success using jigging master and broken arrow jigs

as for the rod i would look at a jigging master three kings special or the powerspell range

atleast 300gms if your after the big guys you want to be running pe8 with some good 120lb fluro leader

learn how to tie the pr knot and only use high end terminal tackle

i cant wait to get back to NZ only a few more months :)

mate i got a

daiwa saltiga spartain (japan version) - AWESOME - can load that up with 80lb and go nuts

also i got the new okuma salina 2 jigging rod - havent used it yet though will let you know - but looks and feels very strong and very affordable plus lifetmie guarantee.

My all time favourite though is my daiwa monster mesch - this is a great rod.

mate i got a

daiwa saltiga spartain (japan version) - AWESOME - can load that up with 80lb and go nuts

also i got the new okuma salina 2 jigging rod - havent used it yet though will let you know - but looks and feels very strong and very affordable plus lifetmie guarantee.

My all time favourite though is my daiwa monster mesch - this is a great rod.

You own a Spartan? Mate thats gangsta. I personally wouldn't spend that much on a rod but the spartan is a sex rod.