Bonnie in the Harbour

LGF

Hey All,

Fished Syd harbour on Sunday Morning, Hunting those legendary Syd Harbour Kingies.

Spend all day floating around the harbour for a mixed bag, lost 1 good hook-up and 1 fish pulled the hook on the surface, but no Kings!.

We did manage:

51cm Bonnie

26cm Bream

some rock species

Watched a nosey little 30cm King inspect my bait as i was reeling in...

post-10510-037006800 1297034929_thumb.jpg

post-10510-095978300 1297034929_thumb.jpg

All in all a good day out in the harbour, I just don't understand thou, being the owner of the boat and my 2 mates both have caught kings on it (when i wasn't there) and me yet to have my first hook up. I'm starting to think im bad luck or the kings just don't like me!

Ohh well im determined to catch one this season...

HC

Mate hang in there It will happen. I was on the water a week ago Monday caught heaps mostly Rats, went out there today only caught a bonnie on the troll, went to all my usual kingy haunts only really fond some at two spots but couldnt get any. We tried downrigging,trolling, lures the only thing we didntd do is use live bait. I think the fish were a bit shut down, dont know if it had to do with the southly buster or not but put the effort in.I could go on & on but If you find structure & current you should find them eventually, just a matter of what they might chew on.Keep on trying & put a little time into it, it will happen. cheers mate hope u get one soon.