Boating Advice

budzsta

So a while ago my dad bought a boat, a big half cabin. It was mainly for crusing, not really for fishing and I was young so we never really used it.

We stopped taking it out after a while and then my dad sold it.

SO now that I am back into fishing quite significantly,

I have been checking out the search histories on the net.

My dad has been looking up a lot of boating sites and what not.

He recently wrote down on a piece of paper right in front of me:

Quintrex Offshore 630 Ocean Sport

Millennium Hull...

So basically what I am asking is, considering there would be so many more experts on here.

Is that a good boat for fishing, what are other options that I should be hinting to my dad in that price range?

Will

Thats an impossible question to answer... its a bit like choosing cars. some folk like one type others dont and prefer another type, shape, brand etc... i think you should try out any boat for its suitablility to your particular requirements to narrow your choices down. ultimately, all boats basically float, have some sort of propulsion (inboard/outboard/rowing) and are either moored or trailered. a 10ft tinny can be fished in as can a 50ft cruiser. ultimately, it will be your pride and joy so you have to be happy with your own decision and not someone elses opinion. Sorry but i cant really provide any advice in relation to your question as it would be my own biased opinion.

Cheers

Bisso

Edited by bisso

It all comes down to where you want to fish and for what.

Quite obviously the boat you quoted isnt suited to sneaking up on whiting on a shallow flat but is well suited to hitting the offshore areas for some more substantial quarry.

The question should be is this boat a good one in this range or is comparable to like type boats.

You are right in saying there are many experts on FR and I am sure a few will offer some good advice on this style boat.

Dave

Edited by davemmm