40cm Bream

Keofferam

Ive had a few sessions over the last few weekends with various degrees of success. Always fish but you tend to set your sights higher and higher. Three weeks ago we caught a thumping Australian Salmon on 4.5kg gear which was probably the most fun ive had in ages( and for me thats a long time). On heavier gear they are stubborn fighters, on light gear they are just great fun and take a lot of line. I just found myself giggling with the fun of it and was really happy to release him after.

Every trip these days seems to bring fish but some more than others. Today was a bit lean on the harbour with some Tailor( boring) and a Bonito on the troll. Left at 6.30 and back by 9.30. Lots and lots of boats around Bradleys Heads spinning and fly fishing for the Bonito that flip flop around the harbour. Didnt see much success and even at North Head the boats seemed to be doing a lot of waiting without success( was this a correct observation?) They werent in a feeding frenzie but there must be plenty of bait in the harbour as they are fussy.

The best fish of the day was a 40cm Bream in Lane Cove river on the Bonito. Thats a personal best. Thats pretty good for a bream? Ive got the photo which i'll post once I can figure out how to get it from my Iphone to this site.

Happy hunting

post-13476-084291000 1298268294_thumb.jpg

Edited by Keofferam

I met fellow fishraider Bennoz today and took him down to old mans.... got there at 6am and left at 12pm...NOTHING, NOTHING, not a thing....EMPTY!! NO FISH!! Where are they all :mad3: but oh well... :05: Seems when there are millions of stripeee's around there is little else!

But still better than sitting at home , was a really nice morning! now time for :beersmile:

Hey Keofferman

Today was tough, awesome tides, warm water, I had 20 live yakkas and 2 live squid and went ballooning off the rocks near old mans hat for one small rat. Very annoying

Tried some wash fishing and managed 8 blackfish and 1 bream.

2 hours of bait gathering before a 5am fish for nothing...

Anyone get into some kings today?

Hey Keofferman

Today was tough, awesome tides, warm water, I had 20 live yakkas and 2 live squid and went ballooning off the rocks near old mans hat for one small rat. Very annoying

Tried some wash fishing and managed 8 blackfish and 1 bream.

2 hours of bait gathering before a 5am fish for nothing...

Anyone get into some kings today?

Hey Nikon, Where were you? we saw no one off the rocks anywhere near old mans, west into the harbor and east to north head??

We were at old mans at 6am, we rocked up at 5.30 but the gates weren't open until 5.45am, and a crap load of traffic due to the triathlon that was on.

So just wondering if there is anywhere near north head or near old mans you could have gone because you certainly weren't anywhere near old mans?

Me thinks there could be an armchair dream happening here :biggrin2: