greenwich wharf

addictfisherman

thanks

whats the best tide to fish for jewfish whats the average sizes u get down there? as i know big tides for beach fishing is good for jewfish

but i wouldn't have a clue for wharf fishing

cheers!

Its a bit late now i guess but anyway.. the top 20 mins or the bottom 20 mins. umm averages id say 15lb plus , my best there went over 30lb(from a boat nearby ) ,, if u are fishing the wharf itself cast to your left back up river as far as possible into a deep hole there. Best bait by the way for me has always been cheap arse dead pili's, livies havnt seemed to cut it there for some reason. Dont expect to get hits all night, u may get 1 or 2 but they will be biggens so have good equipement and make sure ya rods not just sitting there in gear because it will dissapear never to be seen again.

Edited by Macnaz

Its a bit late now i guess but anyway.. the top 20 mins or the bottom 20 mins. umm averages id say 15lb plus , my best there went over 30lb(from a boat nearby ) ,, if u are fishing the wharf itself cast to your left back up river as far as possible into a deep hole there. Best bait by the way for me has always been cheap arse dead pili's, livies havnt seemed to cut it there for some reason. Dont expect to get hits all night, u may get 1 or 2 but they will be biggens so have good equipement and make sure ya rods not just sitting there in gear because it will dissapear never to be seen again.

okay thanks will give it a go!

I went there last week and came up with nothing. Both Greenwich and Woolich wharfs were packed and no one caught anything the whole night.

I got there about 11 pm and started catching live yakkas and even garfish.

I threw the livies straight out from the wharf but no hits whatsoever.

i stayed there for a few hours but the only thing I caught was an undersized Bream which was caught on pillies just in front of the wharf. I threw it back and then nothing.

Thats fishing I guess....but my mate did tell me that a guy fishing Greenwich wharf caught 2 deceant sized jewies on fresh squid a few weeks ago