mullet session

Guest hawkesbass

Guest hawkesbass

had a mate call me after work to do a bait session for mullet to use in crab pots and fillets off the beach.met up with him at georges river at 3 30 started to berley up with old rolls after about twenty minutes the action started with big swirls on the surface.had a few hookups that led to bust offs and thrown hooks then my mate landed a fish which went 40cms and 1.5kgs my turn next which after a 5 minute fight went 55cms and 2.2kgs we landed another fish each between 40 and 50cms and also dropped another 5 fish between us.all fish were caught using 1 to 3 kilo plastic rods stadic 1000f reels loaded with 4 pound braid and 4 pound leader.not a bad session for two hours.i do have photos but cannot resize to upload onto report sorry.post-18046-072382500 1302590646_thumb.jpgpost-18046-046063800 1302590695_thumb.jpgpost-18046-078597100 1302590728_thumb.jpgpost-18046-091530600 1302590763_thumb.jpg

Edited by hawkesbass

had a mate call me after work to do a bait session for mullet to use in crab pots and fillets off the beach.met up with him at georges river at 3 30 started to berley up with old rolls after about twenty minutes the action started with big swirls on the surface.had a few hookups that led to bust offs and thrown hooks then my mate landed a fish which went 40cms and 1.5kgs my turn next which after a 5 minute fight went 55cms and 2.2kgs we landed another fish each between 40 and 50cms and also dropped another 5 fish between us.all fish were caught using 1 to 3 kilo plastic rods stadic 1000f reels loaded with 4 pound braid and 4 pound leader.not a bad session for two hours.i do have photos but cannot resize to upload onto report sorry.

That would have been a ton of fun. Would love to tangle with Mullet of that size...would go like rockets I'd imagine.

Cheers,

S.

Always wanted to catch mullets for bait, ive tried before with burleying them up, but instead managed legal size breams one after the other, I used a small float with a tiny split shot sinker under it and a small hook at the end with abit of buttered bread, is there a better way of doing it.

Always wanted to catch mullets for bait, ive tried before with burleying them up, but instead managed legal size breams one after the other, I used a small float with a tiny split shot sinker under it and a small hook at the end with abit of buttered bread, is there a better way of doing it.

yeah i wanna learn how to catch these things too !!!

Guest hawkesbass

we fish the same method.small float set at about two foot deep with small hooks.been fishing for mullet for over twenty years with same rig

we fish the same method.small float set at about two foot deep with small hooks.been fishing for mullet for over twenty years with same rig

Great session on the mullet mate. I'll join you in a beach fish one night and we'll put them to good use. As for your photo's you sent they were great. I put my photo's on via digitl camera, it's alot easier. You should start using your digital camera. Catch up soon.

Chris :1fishing1: