Coalcliff

Big Berg

Hi Felllow Raiders,

A couple of my mates and I wanted to try out new landbased fishing spots as our regular spots are getting pretty packed. We aim to target Kings, Bonitos and Salmon. We have heard that Coalcliff was a good spot for Jewies...is that true?

I was wondering if anyone has fished around Coalcliff before (especially new the rock pool off Paterson Road).

Is there any particular spots that are more productive and any hints and tips on what rigs and baits are best

thanks

top spot for bonitos and salmon. overcrowded as well.

Hi Felllow Raiders,

A couple of my mates and I wanted to try out new landbased fishing spots as our regular spots are getting pretty packed. We aim to target Kings, Bonitos and Salmon. We have heard that Coalcliff was a good spot for Jewies...is that true?

I was wondering if anyone has fished around Coalcliff before (especially new the rock pool off Paterson Road).

Is there any particular spots that are more productive and any hints and tips on what rigs and baits are best

thanks

Thanks guys. :biggrin2:

Does it get worse than Hill 60? You actually rub shoulders with other fishos at Hill 60 and there is no room for livies. :ranting2:

Do any of you know of any spots around there with less people. I am looking at going with 3 other mates and want to be able to throw out some livies without tangling with other peoples lines.

Thanks guys. :biggrin2:

Does it get worse than Hill 60? You actually rub shoulders with other fishos at Hill 60 and there is no room for livies. :ranting2:

Do any of you know of any spots around there with less people. I am looking at going with 3 other mates and want to be able to throw out some livies without tangling with other peoples lines.

you could always try the 2nd rock to the right of it. But its a pain to get to it.

Pretty much everywhere is over crowded now. Kiama, Basspoint, Hill60, pier 2 haha. You name it.

Check out swell and wind for cloacliff. Last time I went, I couldn't fish at all, wave was so big that hit the rocks and I couldn't fish at all. So I packed my fishing gears and take some sunrise photos there.

Pretty much everywhere is over crowded now. Kiama, Basspoint, Hill60, pier 2 haha. You name it.

Check out swell and wind for cloacliff. Last time I went, I couldn't fish at all, wave was so big that hit the rocks and I couldn't fish at all. So I packed my fishing gears and take some sunrise photos there.

Yeah, i think that's right. Fishing low tide would be advised from what i have been told as even low tide the waves crash up onto the rock ledge. Fish safe as your a long time dead if you slip and hit your head !!

Cheers

Pete.