broken boat trailor

marcel haber

Fellow fishos,

I have a pongrass surfmaster fibreglass boat which is 4.5 metres in length.

The trailor frame has craked at the back and buckled the frame - I feel that welding the crack is pointless as it will fracture again under the weight of the boat etc.

My questions are:

How do you match up a trailor to a boat - does it go by the boat size or the existing trailor size when replacing the trailor?

Secondly - can any body reccommend where to look for a galvanised boat trailor - do I go second hand or replace with a brand new one.

Thirdly - what would a single axil trailor set me back? Does anyone have any advise?

Marcel.

Fellow fishos,

The trailor frame has craked at the back and buckled the frame - I feel that welding the crack is pointless as it will fracture again under the weight of the boat etc.

My questions are:

How do you match up a trailor to a boat - does it go by the boat size or the existing trailor size when replacing the trailor?

Secondly - can any body reccommend where to look for a galvanised boat trailor - do I go second hand or replace with a brand new one.

Thirdly - what would a single axil trailor set me back? Does anyone have any advise?

Marcel.

Duct Tape!

Is there anything it cant fix?? :074:

Have you thought about getting the cracked area reinforced with additional steel + welding?

Might be a fraction of the cost of a whole new trailer plus save all the rego/weighbridge carry on.

Musty

Duct Tape!

Is there anything it cant fix?? :074:

Have you thought about getting the cracked area reinforced with additional steel + welding?

Might be a fraction of the cost of a whole new trailer plus save all the rego/weighbridge carry on.

Musty

definately if the rest of the trailer is in good shape just repair it

if done properly you can make it stronger than it was originally

cheers

post a picture if you can

Fellow fishos,

My questions are:

Marcel.

I broke my trailer in a similar fashion on New Year's Eve. I was going to weld it but it was quite twisted and I found more cracks and with a lot of the rollers needing replacing, I decided to bite the bullet and by a new one.

A "12 foot" trailer with 13 inch wheels, submersible LED lights etc. to suit my 4 metre tinny cost me $1250. $1400 all up with rego. I am happy enough with that. Picked it up at Rydalmere. PM me for details but if you Google, you should find it like I did.

Cheers,

Baz

Edited by Berleyguts

I broke my trailer in a similar fashion on New Year's Eve. I was going to weld it but it was quite twisted and I found more cracks and with a lot of the rollers needing replacing, I decided to bite the bullet and by a new one.

A "12 foot" trailer with 13 inch wheels, submersible LED lights etc. to suit my 4 metre tinny cost me $1250. $1400 all up with rego. I am happy enough with that. Picked it up at Rydalmere. PM me for details but if you Google, you should find it like I did.

Cheers,

Baz

i also bought a new one from them but a 16 foot one was quoted about $1750 for un braked but went for a braked on with up grade to 1.5 ton towing cap.i think total cost including rego was $2400 very solid traler