Botany Bay Jewie

steve351

G'day all,

Decided on friday arvo to give my favourite jewie spot ago. Just on dark this jewie decided it was dinner time and hammered the mullet fillet, it put up a good fight, giving us some nervous moments, trying to keep the fish away from the anchor, before i set the gaff and landed it into the boat. What a great way to finish the working week and start the weekend! It wasnt the biggest jew to come from this spot but at 10.6kg we were not complaining! Here's my brother with the fish.

DSC02208.jpg

Vre to Steve !

Well done mate.

Very envious.

I've never seen one bigger than 5kg...

I think it's time I dragged you out with me on my boat (kicking and screaming) to your jewie spot for a shot at them.

So when are you gonna go next?

I went out for the usual in the bay on Sunday.

The bream were a bit thin but the whiting run was good.

Anyway - PM me if you're gonna plan trips for this month - my boat is equipped for night fishing but I got no sleeping quarters.

It's a fishing boat, not a sleeping boat....

sorry Steve totally missed your post that's a ripper of a jew may i ask why did you us mullet fillet is it because they are on the run at the moment? i haven't caught many jews a few mostly by catches when fishing for bream last one was a few years back under captain cooks bridge 2 of them both mid 80 cm that took blood worm one after the other in very windy conditions im over due i think for another by catch. cheers Jim bream