Where to catch live bait in Botany Bay

Yarraone

Hi ya all, I am making the trip down to Sydney again on the 15th to the 18th of April with my son Plemo..If the weather is good I am thinking of giving Botany Bay another go, and this time try catching some live bait for the kings and Jewies.. :biggrin2:

I have never donr this before.. So Can anyone either make a post or PM me with some tips on how? and spots to try for yakkas, squid and slimies..I dont know the bay all that well but can find my way around..

If the weather is not going to be that good I will try the Hawksberry in and around Broklyn area and maybe out to Lion island..

I have made a live bait tank from a esky, that has a pump in the bottom of it that circulates the water..Is this enouogh? or do I have to have a airrater as well? The guy at Bcf said it was all I needed??

post-6381-076498900 1302077169_thumb.jpg

post-6381-071224400 1302077176_thumb.jpg

So if the bank tank looks OK, all I need to do is catch the bait.. Once again all the help I can get would be great..

Where to find the bait?

What rig's?

See you out there

Hi ya all, I am making the trip down to Sydney again on the 15th to the 18th of April with my son Plemo..If the weather is good I am thinking of giving Botany Bay another go, and this time try catching some live bait for the kings and Jewies.. :biggrin2:

I have never donr this before.. So Can anyone either make a post or PM me with some tips on how? and spots to try for yakkas, squid and slimies..I dont know the bay all that well but can find my way around..

If the weather is not going to be that good I will try the Hawksberry in and around Broklyn area and maybe out to Lion island..

I have made a live bait tank from a esky, that has a pump in the bottom of it that circulates the water..Is this enouogh? or do I have to have a airrater as well? The guy at Bcf said it was all I needed??

post-6381-076498900 1302077169_thumb.jpg

post-6381-071224400 1302077176_thumb.jpg

So if the bank tank looks OK, all I need to do is catch the bait.. Once again all the help I can get would be great..

Where to find the bait?

What rig's?

See you out there

Moulineux POint champ, spilt shot on 6lb line and size 12 long shank with bits of chicken breast or pilly

hi yarra , mate the bait tank will do the job and the water inlet will hit the water and should create enough air on its own , i do however suggest every 15 mins or so to scoop out a bucket and replace with fresh water, especially for the yakkas.

I never fail to get bait at molly pt either , plenty of yakkas behind the western end of the wall. good luck .