Sensor Surf 1002 MFS vs Seajigger 305 for spinning lures

lighter

Hi,

Sensor Surf 10' Medium Fast 21-85g 12-20lb 310g(rod weight)

Seajigger 305 10' Medium Fast 35-100g 12-20lb 285g

Which one is more suited for chasing smaller kings, 65- 85cm, off the rocks ?

I was thinking of getting the Seajigger 305 to match up with Stradic 5000 but someone said it is not strong enough to lift the fish on the rocks.

Also heard of broken Seajigger quite a few times.

Is there anyone who's using the Sensor Surf 1002 for chucking lures ?

Did a bit of search on internet but couldn't find much info...

So which one would you get and why ?

For the Seajigger, I'm still keen as it is about 30g lighter than the Sensor Surf.

G'day Pal,

Both very light rods regardless and i'm looking at the sea jigger rod myself and didn't even consider the diawa rod only because i didn't know about it.

I was told only on the weekend that lifting dead weights from the water was not good for graphite rods. i.e. the tip or the top third of the rod could snap off. I have read those problems mentioned about the broken jigger rods on the net some where however diawa did replace them.

Generally netting your catch is more appropriate which is what you see the guys doing on those fishing shows when fishing off a boat for example.

I was only wanting the rod to spin for tailor and salmon.

The tackle shop that mentioned about brokentips was talking about the okuma x factor rods which are a great rod in their own right but like everything - it has a purpose!!

Cheers

Pete.

G'day

From what i have heard lots of guys have had tried graphite rods (of all different brands) and snapped them on the rocks and gone back to fiberglass. I personally have always stuck with glass rods as it only takes a small knock to put a hairline fracture in carbon rods and although i haven't caught anything too big off the rocks id hate to finally hook something decent and lose it to rod faiure. That's just me though

Cheers Leo

Hi Pete,

Thanks for your thoughts.

Yeah dead lifting would probably damage rod if not snap off...

So what did you end up getting ?

Hey Mate,

Sorry for late reply, haven't gone with any yet however will probably go with the 305, there is actually a thread about a guy who purchased the 305 on the sydney fish finder forum within the last week, you could go on there and ask him what he thinks.

Cheers

Pete.

• 3 weeks later...

Hey Mate,

Sorry for late reply, haven't gone with any yet however will probably go with the 305, there is actually a thread about a guy who purchased the 305 on the sydney fish finder forum within the last week, you could go on there and ask him what he thinks.

Cheers

Pete.

Hey mate. Ive owned my seajigger 325 for almost 2 years now and its a wonderful rod. I went with the 325 because it was a bit longer as I am also fishing of the rocks. I have nothing bad to say about it. Ive dead lifted 70cm Salmon of the rocks ( even though I shouldn't) and the rod is perfectly fine. Technically speaking you shouldn't be dead lifting any fish with decent weight any way. No matter what rod you get, high sticking and dead lifting will always result in your rod snapping especially if you are using light graphite rods. Ive got my seajigger matched with a Daiwa TD SOL 4000. Perfect combo for me as its light and its got alot of grunt. Ive landed legal king fish on it as well and had no problem at all. For anyone interested in getting a Seajigger I highly rate it. Ive probably caught well over 200 fish on the rod during the 2 years and it still performs the way it did when i first bought it.