54lb watersnake battery options?

galvin

Hello Raiders, I have recently bought a 54lb bow mount watersnake and now looking to power this girl up. I have heard and read that a battery size off 100amps would do the job. Theses buggers are quite heavy and pricey. My eyes have been on a 75amp for a while due to its weight and price seems to be spot on BUT will it do the job? I'm committed to charging every time i come home and reckon i would be lucky to use it more than 5hrs a session. Any help guys would be appreciated....

Kind regards, Livebait!!

Hello Raiders, I have recently bought a 54lb bow mount watersnake and now looking to power this girl up. I have heard and read that a battery size off 100amps would do the job. Theses buggers are quite heavy and pricey. My eyes have been on a 75amp for a while due to its weight and price seems to be spot on BUT will it do the job? I'm committed to charging every time i come home and reckon i would be lucky to use it more than 5hrs a session. Any help guys would be appreciated....

Kind regards, Livebait!!

Hey mate i run a 55lb bowmount off an 80 amp hr Delkor deep cycle and have done since 2006, the same battery mind you, its gets used about twice a week. It does 2 sessions about 5hrs each (not constant use though) before it shows a low reading but i generally charge it up after every session. I think thats the key to long life too, keep them fully charged as often as possible, especially when its cold temps. Having it hooked up to alternator is good for small charging when underway too. If your wiling to charge it after each use a 75amp hour will be fine.

Musty