Abu 5600 C4

Big Berg

Hi guys

I was just at my local tackle store and noticed that they had the Abu 5600 C4 on clearance for $75. Is this reel any good for the beach or rocks? I'm so tempted to but it coz of the price but have never used a bait caster before. Also does anyone know how much braid it holds and max drag. I'm thinking of using over 20 lb braid.

hey mate, I have been looking at the c3s and c4s heaps lately and 75 dollars is a bargain!!!

From What Iv'e read it's a great reel, I have seen many good reviews about it!!

If I were you I'd definitely buy it

Mark

The never one without the line capacity stickers have supposedly smoother gears and no clicker, there's also a red one the ss model which is a bit of a cheapie. I love my ABU with the ability to swap parts across the range you can always keep them going.

I ended up buying the blue and gold one and it dies look newer. It doesn't have the line capacity sticker but it does have a clicker. There was another blue and gold one without the clicker too. This reel seems to be very tough and looks like it can take a beating. Does anyone know if this reel is too small to use one the beach or rocks? Also what rod would best match this reel