Good Friday

delta hbar

Hi Raiders,

Happy Easter!!

I've been looking forward to getting out today for some time and following with great interest the wind and swell... Well it all looked good on Thursday night and I spoke to my uncles and we were all set to go.

Met at the boat, stowed all the gear and hooked to boat up and set off for the ramp. Got to Rose Bay after filling up and all was going well. Except this feeling that I had forgotten something... Launched and went to park the car, there seemed to be lots of cars with no trailers parked in the trailer parking spots.

As we get to the mouth of harbour, I hear, "Where's the bait?"... I reply, it's in the green esky... "What green esky?".

I knew I'd forgotten something. :1badmood: I quickly work though the options. Go and get it, call the wife to drop it off, get the wife to put the esky in a taxi. Well after deciding we have enough little bits and pieces, we continue out towards Long Reef.

We started on our first drift and manage a few snapper around 35-40cm (along with the usual rubbish, sweep, sergeant baker etc). Thinking it was not too bad. After a while the bites stop, so we head back for another drift.

Second drift, the odd snapper to start off and things slow again. Then I get a bite, set the hook thinking mowie... then all hell breaks loose. This thing take off, could it be a king, it's quite heavy.. But it's not fighting like a king. After a couple of runs I see thing surface at the back of the boat. Holy sh1t, it's a SNAPPER.. :1yikes:

We get it in the net the first go. Don't know how heavy but it's 80cm on the lie detector!!! Definitely my PB (previous PD was about 32cm... :074: )

I thought I'd have to go to SA or possibly Vic for a snapper that size.

We manage to get through the day using what bait we had.... as well as converting the odd sergeant baker into bait.

post-695-010170500 1303541589_thumb.jpg

Edited by delta hbar

Hi Raiders,

Happy Easter!!

I've been looking forward to getting out today for some time and following with great interest the wind and swell... Well it all looked good on Thursday night and I spoke to my uncles and we were all set to go.

Med at the boat, stowed all the gear and hooked to boat up and set off for the ramp. Got to Rose Bay after filling up and all was going well. Except this feeling that I had forgotten something... Launched and went to park the car, there seemed to be lots of cars with no trailers parked in the trailer parking spots.

As we get to the mouth of harbour, I hear, "Where's the bait?"... I reply, it's in the green esky... "What green esky?".

I knew I'd forgotten something. :1badmood: I quickly work though the options. Go and get it, call the wife to drop it off, get the wife to put the esky in a taxi. Well after deciding we have enough little bits and pieces, we continue out towards Long Reef.

We started on our first drift and manage a few snapper around 35-40cm (along with the usual rubbish, sweep, sergeant baker etc). Thinking it was not too bad. After a while the bites stop, so we head back for another drift.

Second drift, the odd snapper to start off and things slow again. Then I get a bite, set the hook thinking mowie... then all hell breaks loose. This thing take off, could it be a king, it's quite heavy.. But it's not fighting like a king. After a couple of runs I see thing surface at the back of the boat. Holy sh1t, it's a SNAPPER.. :1yikes:

We get it in the net the first go. Don't know how heavy but it's 80cm on the lie detector!!! Definitely my PB (previous PD was about 32cm... :074: )

I thought I'd have to go to SA or possibly Vic for a snapper that size.

We manage to get through the day using what bait we had.... as well as converting the odd sergeant baker into bait.

Picture to come.

Great work mate thats a stonker reddie for Sydney!

Edited by jewdreamer