Early Morning Good Friday Jews

Mr Squid

Had the boat in just after 4am to fish the end of the run out tide, surprising we were the only boat out. Set up an array of baits;- whole fresh squid, fillets of mullet and slimies. With not much happening i said to my mate Jay that I might as well throw a soft plastic around. Not long after I felt a soft touch and struck, a few head shakes later on board comes a nice 55cm jew. Quick debate about wheather to keep him or let him go and the decision is made to let him grow a bit more. As I let him go I said to Jay that karma will come to those who let the smaller ones live. Three casts later and a solid thump hits the same plastic with the reel playing that tune we all love to hear, zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz. After a nice fight Jay was ready with the net and aboard come a nice 80cm jew. rest of the morning was quiet as there was too much boat traffic heading out into the bay for the day.

Mr Squid

post-11653-047724200 1303468337_thumb.jpg

Hi Alan,

You can only hope for so much karma and i wasn't going to throw that one back. Spoke to Richard after he put you on to your Jew and he said it was a good fish.

Jay,

Your turn will come, next time the reel screams it yours.

Stew.

Great work, its interesting that the plastic outfished the fresh baits.....much more fun too as long as you dont have to make 300 casts. Will start to target them myself too now but im not sure about that 4am stuff!