Tuggerah Lake weekend

Hey guys!

Spent a couple of days at canton beach caravan park with a couple of family and friends and was aloud to bring the boat along too :)

We only spent a couple of hours at a time on the water and never far away from where we were staying but its a huge system and i would love to explore it propperly one day...

Our first arvo was a nice little session again i decided to fish really light just for a little practice more than anything.

With alot of small bream and whiting being landed it was great fun, they only seemed interested in small prawn immitation lures like zx30's and berkley 2 inch shrimp on hidden weights.

Our best 2 fish for the session were nothing to brag about but still we were pretty pleased

20j44tt.jpg

Sunday morning started off slow but it didnt take too long untill i had a great typical "flattie hit" and a little shock with the weight of the fish! only using 2 lb leadder and 1 lb fireline again :tease: i didnt like my chances of landing the flattie and at first sight of the fish i realised the plastic was right down its gob but i kept on trying.

A couple of times around the boat and a few tense moments and into the net went the lizard and ping went the leadder :1yikes:

29n9qhu.jpg

To say i was pretty happy with myself was an understatement and everyone on board was happy just to watch. not long after my old man landed a fat 34cm bream which we forgot to take a photo of but it too put up a great fight for its size then the wind picked up and we went back in

Over the couple of sessions we would of landed 15 legals and alot of smaller bream but there was never a dull moment and it topped off a great weekend

Thanks for reading guys

Pete

Hi Pete - well done catching that flattie on the silly string....you were really testing your luck with that one :biggrin2:

cheers Paul

ill be trying the silly string out tommrror on the harbour bream population hopefully

i have even been using blades with the light stuff too :1yikes: only have lost a couple

ill be trying the silly string out tommrror on the harbour bream population hopefully

i have even been using blades with the light stuff too :1yikes: only have lost a couple

Thats bloody nuts mate! The thought of all those harbour pylons and light line.... :1yikes:

Though I gotta admit I'm loving using light tackle too, even just ordered some 1lb fireline and 2lb leader for a bit of fun...

Thats bloody nuts mate! The thought of all those harbour pylons and light line.... :1yikes:

Though I gotta admit I'm loving using light tackle too, even just ordered some 1lb fireline and 2lb leader for a bit of fun...

Mate if your knots are good you should be fine i use an albright as the connecting knot but double over the 1 lb braid

I know a bloke that regulary used 2 and even 1lb leadder and gets some crazy fish

pete

Parramatta river today....

Spent a couple of hours this arvo sussing out the area for the next southern bream series in a couple of weeks

Concentrated on boat hulls (never done befor) without an electric which made it really hard but picked up a nice bream going 33cm an ok trev and a legal whiting on a hull too :wacko: and a heap of unders thrown in the mix all on the silly string :)

Also got smoked buy i suspect a stonker bream that took me around a mooring rope :thumbdown: but i think it will take me a little while to get used to the area thats for sure

2gtsris.jpg

lets hope i do better this weekend

pete