A Long Day in the Office

Went fishing this morning... in search of my first Mulloway, and/or a feed

Put the yak in at 4am at the Tom Uglies ramp... flicked a 5inch Nuclear Chicken Jerk Shad around the bridge, after about 10mins I put my rod in the holder for a second to adjust my seat and then ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ I grabbed the rod thinking "Surely it can't be this easy!" and sure enough, line went slack again... What ever it was (i'm telling myself it was a Mulloway) bit half my jerkshad off... What ever it was, it was large as i was fishing pretty tight drag and it took a good run before breaking the lure. With not much movement on the sounder and no other hits i decided to move over to Bald Face point where there's a drop off from 2 to 10 metres thinking I might be in with a chance there. Absolutely nothing.

So peddled over to Woolaware Bay entrance for a flick around the Marker. Got onto a sub 40cm flatty which went back in. Once again, nothing around... then my sounder went flat, rest of the day i had to fish blind. Whilst in Woolaware Bay i decided to go for a bit of an exploration mission, I don't normally spend much time in Woolaware Bay in my boat because of all the old oyster racks. Caught another legal flatty over near the industrial area mangroves. Put it back in. Trolled a 1m hardbody most of the day, and caught 2 choppers, the lure's looking pretty second hand now. I hate tailor. The tide was almost high so i headed back over to the WB Markers... Got onto a 40cm Trev. I love how hard they fight. Nice healthy fish which received a quick knock to the head and straight in the kill tank. Next cast, on again, I called it for another trev, but bigger this time... Had a bit of fun with it seeing I already had a feed in the tank and it ended up busting my 10lb leader... That got me thinking it may have actually been a big flattie. After i retied, it all went quiet and the wind picked up. Headed back over to CC bridge for the change of tide.

Flicked around a large squidgy silvery glitter fish that my mate left in my gulp jar last time we went fishing together. No good... Watched a guy pull in a Mulloway which looked around the 60cm mark. Full pillies. Looked like he was pretty heavy gear, therefore didn't look like much fun. There were plenty of high 5's in the boat though.

Had to hide behind the pillons a few time due to morons that can't read the no wash zone signs.

Name and shame "Sea King" moored over near the Sylvania Marina. Slow down mate, you're a goose. And the bloke that owns that big grey superyacht. More money than sense.

Stopped in at Shipwrights Bay on the way back to ramp as i've never fished there before and it looked a litte promising... Nothing, not even a pesky tailor.

Pulled the yak out at 1pm...

I'm pretty tired. Did some KM's that's for sure.

I don't have a gps with me... but if i did, the read out would look something like this. After all i was in the Gravyak for 9hours...

post-12306-034359700 1304667997_thumb.jpg

Went fishing this morning... in search of my first Mulloway, and/or a feed

Put the yak in at 4am at the Tom Uglies ramp... flicked a 5inch Nuclear Chicken Jerk Shad around the bridge, after about 10mins I put my rod in the holder for a second to adjust my seat and then ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ I grabbed the rod thinking "Surely it can't be this easy!" and sure enough, line went slack again... What ever it was (i'm telling myself it was a Mulloway) bit half my jerkshad off... What ever it was, it was large as i was fishing pretty tight drag and it took a good run before breaking the lure. With not much movement on the sounder and no other hits i decided to move over to Bald Face point where there's a drop off from 2 to 10 metres thinking I might be in with a chance there. Absolutely nothing.

So peddled over to Woolaware Bay entrance for a flick around the Marker. Got onto a sub 40cm flatty which went back in. Once again, nothing around... then my sounder went flat, rest of the day i had to fish blind. Whilst in Woolaware Bay i decided to go for a bit of an exploration mission, I don't normally spend much time in Woolaware Bay in my boat because of all the old oyster racks. Caught another legal flatty over near the industrial area mangroves. Put it back in. Trolled a 1m hardbody most of the day, and caught 2 choppers, the lure's looking pretty second hand now. I hate tailor. The tide was almost high so i headed back over to the WB Markers... Got onto a 40cm Trev. I love how hard they fight. Nice healthy fish which received a quick knock to the head and straight in the kill tank. Next cast, on again, I called it for another trev, but bigger this time... Had a bit of fun with it seeing I already had a feed in the tank and it ended up busting my 10lb leader... That got me thinking it may have actually been a big flattie. After i retied, it all went quiet and the wind picked up. Headed back over to CC bridge for the change of tide.

Flicked around a large squidgy silvery glitter fish that my mate left in my gulp jar last time we went fishing together. No good... Watched a guy pull in a Mulloway which looked around the 60cm mark. Full pillies. Looked like he was pretty heavy gear, therefore didn't look like much fun. There were plenty of high 5's in the boat though.

Had to hide behind the pillons a few time due to morons that can't read the no wash zone signs.

Name and shame "Sea King" moored over near the Sylvania Marina. Slow down mate, you're a goose. And the bloke that owns that big grey superyacht. More money than sense.

Stopped in at Shipwrights Bay on the way back to ramp as i've never fished there before and it looked a litte promising... Nothing, not even a pesky tailor.

Pulled the yak out at 1pm...

I'm pretty tired. Did some KM's that's for sure.

I don't have a gps with me... but if i did, the read out would look something like this. After all i was in the Gravyak for 9hours...

post-12306-034359700 1304667997_thumb.jpg

bad luck mate!

fish that marker on the run in tide with blades for big bream i always seem to be able to pull something out of there

Pete