Beach Seaweed

Frustration

Hi all,

i have been looking through the topics and as far as i can see no body has brought this up yet, so i thought i may aswell ask...

occasionally when i am beach fishing, there is an abundance of weed which makes it oh so frustrating to fish, and when i find myself in this situation its not long before i give up...

i am wondering what other people do in this situation, whether there are little tricks you have to make it manageable...

or is there a way to tell if the weed will be at the beach, maybe wind conditions/direction or swell...

any advice would be greatly appreciated

Gday

Unfortunately if the weeds around i usually try a different spot...sometimes you can just head to the other end of the beach but other times a different beach all together. I find weed is most prevalent after or during big seas which pound the rocks. I once battled a massive clump of seaweed on my jew rig for half an hour thinking i had a shark...wasn't impressed when i got a look at it

Cheers Leo

lol yeah, i had a similar experience the other week, set the live bait out and 15 minutes later the drag went off and i got all excited and struggled to reel in the biggest bit of weed ive ever seen, that was the exact moment i packed up and left lol...

one weekend a few months ago i was fishing around norah head and moved down around 10 beaches and couldnt find one that wasnt overridden with weed...

but yeah there was absolutely terrible weather that weekend and really rough seas, so i guess that would explain it...

thanks

Edited by Frustration

Yeah i just usually end up hitting pitwater when the weed is bad...are you fishing the northern beaches? You can sometimes head to the little bay at the north end of...um mona vale i think?

Cheers Leo