Sydney Eastern Suburbs Fishing

Kevin.Simon

Hi All,

We have just moved to Sydney, and are based in the Eastern Suburbs. I am looking for a spot where I can take my 4 year old boy fishing that would be safe for him (ie no rock surf fishing) and is easily accessible. If you could also give me some advice on how to fish the area (lures, plugs, bait etc) I would really appreciate it.

Thanks,

Kevin.

Hi Kevin,

I do not mind taking you and your 4yo son to some safe fishing spots in Sydney eastern suburb.

I'd suggest fishing with bait.

I think fishing from the wharf is safe but still we need to keep our eyes at the kid.

Unfortunately I do not have little kid as my youngest son is 26yo. You are lucky as the memory will last forever.

Cheers,

Andy

Hi Kevin.

Try off Rose Bay wharf. Plenty squid at night time time. During the day bream, tailor etc. Put a big rod out with a livie on it, some good kings around the pylons at Catalina. Try off the rocks at Camp Cove, Green Point Reserve, nice and safe. Take a little trip to Brighton Le Sands, Dolls point. Get some live nippers or worms and there are plenty of whiting and bream to keep the little one interested. If you want you can pump the nippers on the flats next to St George Sailing club, this is good fun in the summer but its getting a bit colder now. Give Yarra Bay a try as well, nippers and worms for whiting again, SP will get you some flathead.

Good luck

Alasdair

Hi Kevin,

I do not mind taking you and your 4yo son to some safe fishing spots in Sydney eastern suburb.

I'd suggest fishing with bait.

I think fishing from the wharf is safe but still we need to keep our eyes at the kid.

Unfortunately I do not have little kid as my youngest son is 26yo. You are lucky as the memory will last forever.

Cheers,

Andy

Thanks so much Andy! Would really like to take you up on your offer, so sent you an email yesterday. If you are available tomorrow afternoon (Sat) for a few hours fishing that would be great. If not, I'll take the advice given to me by you and a few others and give it a go.

Cheers,

Kevin.

KevS,

Good advice frome Alasdair - Dolls Point is a great place for kids, plenty of small stuff to keep them interested, plus I've nailed quite a few good sized flatheads and trevallies there with the softies. Also the beach near the cafe at La Perouse is a good place for the kids, and when they get bored you can send them up to get an ice cream.

Cheers

KevS,

Good advice frome Alasdair - Dolls Point is a great place for kids, plenty of small stuff to keep them interested, plus I've nailed quite a few good sized flatheads and trevallies there with the softies. Also the beach near the cafe at La Perouse is a good place for the kids, and when they get bored you can send them up to get an ice cream.

Cheers

Thanks Frankie :biggrin2: